Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

to all you big game hunters out there..listen up

6 posts in this topic

Wisconsin Hunters Could Soon Be Wearing Pink In The Woods :chuckle:

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Real men — and women — could wear pink in Wisconsin's woods if a group of lawmakers get their way.

The Legislature's sportsmen's caucus, a bipartisan group of legislators who focus on outdoor issues formed last January, is preparing to unveil a bill next week that would legalize blaze pink for deer hunters. The group has scheduled a news conference Tuesday at the state Capitol to announce the measure.

Republican state Sen. Terry Moulton, one of the caucuses' co-chairmen, wrote in a column published in the Dunn County News that the blaze pink bill is designed to encourage women to become hunters and keep them involved in the sport.

A Moulton aide referred questions about the bill to Rep. Nick Milroy, another co-chairman, but Milroy's aide said he was vacationing and couldn't be reached. Nine female legislators are part of the group, including Democratic state Sen. Janet Bewley. She said she doesn't hunt but her husband does and she believes the bill is a great idea.

"Anything that gets people more excited about getting out in the woods and enjoying hunting is a good thing," she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/22/wisconsin-hunters-pink_n_7425238.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

I find it funny that they think making people wear pink will encourage more people to go hunting... For clarity though, does that mean the men will have to wear pink or that pink will also be acceptable? If it's ONLY pink, there may be a problem...

" The Grovetown jail in Columbia County started making male inmates wear pink this week.

A police sergeant said he's heard from inmates that they already hate the color and never want to come back. And that’s exactly what they were hoping for.

"A lot of them have said, ‘I’m not coming back because I'm not wearing pink again,’” said Sgt. Cameron Brown with the Grovetown Department of Public Safety"

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/georgia-inmates-forced-wear-hot-pink-jumpsuits/njtpr/

i wouldnt be caught dead wearing pink. my wardrobe doesnt have a speck of pink. ive got all colors of the rainbow, except for pink

Edited by Storm64
duh

I find it funny that they think making people wear pink will encourage more people to go hunting... For clarity though, does that mean the men will have to wear pink or that pink will also be acceptable? If it's ONLY pink, there may be a problem...

" The Grovetown jail in Columbia County started making male inmates wear pink this week.

A police sergeant said he's heard from inmates that they already hate the color and never want to come back. And that’s exactly what they were hoping for.

"A lot of them have said, ‘I’m not coming back because I'm not wearing pink again,’” said Sgt. Cameron Brown with the Grovetown Department of Public Safety"

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/georgia-inmates-forced-wear-hot-pink-jumpsuits/njtpr/

​It's in addition to the orange.

"CORRECTION: A previous HuffPost headline incorrectly stated that hunters could be soon "forced" to wear pink in the woods. Legislators are actually in talks to add blaze pink to the list of acceptable hunting-wear colors."
-----

"According to state Department of Natural Resources data, female hunters made up about 10 percent of the state's gun deer hunters in 2014, 2013 and 2012. They made up about a quarter of hunters between ages 10 and 12 in 2014, however, and comprised 35 percent of new gun deer license buyers last fall."

I think it's cool.
It might get more teen girls to take an interest in hunting or just being out in woods.

On 5/24/2015, 6:14:44, Lucy Barnable said:

It's in addition to the orange.

"CORRECTION: A previous HuffPost headline incorrectly stated that hunters could be soon "forced" to wear pink in the woods. Legislators are actually in talks to add blaze pink to the list of acceptable hunting-wear colors."
-----

"According to state Department of Natural Resources data, female hunters made up about 10 percent of the state's gun deer hunters in 2014, 2013 and 2012. They made up about a quarter of hunters between ages 10 and 12 in 2014, however, and comprised 35 percent of new gun deer license buyers last fall."

I think it's cool.
It might get more teen girls to take an interest in hunting or just being out in woods.

Fashion will always find a way. Just think how good they'll look once the kill is made and they're bleeding out the animal, gutting it, quartering it and packing it out on their backs.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/51/d9/b3/51d9b3e363d2b3a24ab1e8b6b28f54bc.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.