Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
PrincessButtercup

Power and Corruption in regard to cops.

29 posts in this topic

Please let this remain a topic of its own.  This will not highlight any one specific event, but rather the psychology of events involving police and/or government officials and our American citizens.  [This will clearly be visible stateside, and even overseas as the influx of refugees to various countries that partake in Western culture and have way more relaxed criminal systems than even the US began to turn on their own natural born citizens as well as some of the refugees once a few of the refugees began acting out (even to the point of not prosecuting or even investigating when people that were born in a country over there get raped by refugees).]   

I am referring to the Stanford Prison Experiment.  To begin, there was an experiment of sorts that Stanford had where they had volunteer college students as both prisoners and guards.  When volunteering, the college students were either made to be guards or prisoners, likely based on their interview.  What happened was the guards turned against the prisoners.  The people running the experiment were in charge of the guards and chose to let things go, bringing even themselves into the experiment likely unwittingly.  They allowed the prisoners to be beaten and abused, and refused to do anything to release these volunteer prisoners when they changed their mind and wanted out of the experiment.  This sort of thing is also called false imprisonment.  It was escalated by the prisoners when they acted out.  A prisoner acts out, the guards freak out on that person and then follow suit with acting out against everyone, even those that had never acted out and always were in line.  Race is not part of this issue of power and what happens psychologically to the person in power when a person they deem to be below them acts out of line completely, and they turn, like a rabid animal, against everyone in their way after that point.

There is a great part of me that thinks that race has nothing to do with this and that the most important aspects are location and that location's history of criminal activity (in general).  This means that those areas that are dominated by black people and happen to have more crime will invariably lead to more corrupt law enforcement as a direct result of the power going to their heads in a rabid animal sort of fashion: kill or be killed mentality.  Meanwhile, whomever they are pulling over or talking to is in a very trusting and nervous position where they typically would know better than to act out.  If there's something fresh for a cop, like a friend of theirs was shot, they don't think statistics wise that they are not as likely to be shot on a separate call within the last month or the last year, but they are still on high alert (even if they weren't there, they might still be affected by PTSD), which means they will abuse their power in order to preserve their life, even if their life isn't in immediate danger.  This doesn't have to do with color though.  It has to do with how a person moves, the person in power's visibility of those moves and references in his/her mind to prior actions/situations that were dangerous and are there any similarities.  You should be able to see where I'm going with this.  I'd like to see a map of all the killings against people (of any color) across the US against a map of high areas of violent crime (even if not against police), all per capita.  I would expect to see the areas that have more crime per capita are also more likely to have deaths by cops.  

Regarding the government and how it fits in with all of this, they have succeeded in their divisiveness and making people feel that other races are dangerous to them.  Blacks think whites are trying to kill them.  Whites think blacks are trying to kill them.  Meanwhile, both sides that are actually being played by the government.  I'm not saying this makes blacks less dangerous, but rather, they're being played like a fiddle and falling for it to escalate this drama.  The government has all of this power and at least one past president has admitted to using fake narratives in the news to further agendas.  Consider that.  This is not a race war, this is a war to destroy a large population of people with an intent to gain esteem and more power from that.  If we all follow along and become more violent, both sides can say "see! Those other people are dangerous!" The government throws gas on the fire.  They are the people running the experiment.  The cops were merely players of the experiment...the guards...and citizens/civilians are the prisoners.  Escalation will continue until everyone sees this for what it is and chills out.  It probably won't happen though.

If anyone has any thoughts or any maps to share, or statistics, I'm completely open to seeing how everything adds up.  I had not had the chance to search everything I wanted to search, but this should give a decent idea of what I'm seeing going on. 

3 people like this

54 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Pinned for discussion!

Thank you Shep! ^_^  I know a lot of what I've written here requires a bit of deductive reasoning, but it shouldn't preclude a relationship between correlation and causation.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To begin with, well said.

In his Foundation Trilogy,  works of science fiction written in the 70s, Isaac Asimov postulated on a future society built on group dynamics and the mathematics of it.  His foundation was trying to build a  positive society, yet they engaged in subterfuge,  secrecy,  and manipulation of the masses and the political figureheads. None of his work had anything to do with race.

For something like that to work,  he noted that all you needed to achieve the necessary outcome,  was to manipulate events so that the highest percentage of people to react. You don't need everyone,  far from it. Only a few people were even aware of the plan. Almost Everyone played their part blissfully unaware of the big picture,  because if they knew, it would upset the dynamic.  

I know it's a work of fiction,  but is it really? Asimov's fictional group was working to save the majority of the human race and  even they were willing to accept millions and billions of deaths to accomplish this.  And they did over thousands of years.

I  don't believe the group manipulating today's masses are benevolent at all, but I believe they operate the same way and that people like Asimov were telling us about it. Hell, it's even a probability by putting a positive spin on his foundation,  he was actually a propaganda minister for them. I've heard that from others, but who knows? 

Anyway,  to me at least, everything you just said makes sense.  We need to quit scoffing at sociology and get to the bottom of it. 

Edited by octopus prime
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, PrincessButtercup said:

Thank you Shep! ^_^  I know a lot of what I've written here requires a bit of deductive reasoning, but it shouldn't preclude a relationship between correlation and causation.

I'm always happy to see someone thinking for themselves and using deductive reasoning and critical thinking. Well done PB! 

Thank you Cinn!

So on the maps side of things, I found some, though they are a bit messier than I'd like, they do serve as a decent visual:

The layout:

*Racial diversity:  http://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/posts/2014/04/US_racial_diversity_map/ee4b193cb.png

*Further divide (look for latino vs. black, refer back to the diversity map which appears to be a decent overlay, then see The trigger below): http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/04/mapping-racial-diversity-by-county/361388/

The trigger:

*Violent crime rate, by county: http://capitalismisfreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Screen-Shot-2015-05-08-at-11.19.57-AM-1-e1431098505843.jpg

*Nationwide murder rates (using bubbles): http://static.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/murder_rate.png

The result:

*Police misconduct (not necessarily murders, just use of excessive force against civilians): http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=3002

Unfortunately, these are a bit messy and not completely up to date. 

Due to this all being very much a self-fulfilling prophecy, the more violent crime these areas have, the more likely the cops will be to murder them (or other misconduct) in those locations.  This causes civilians to get more and more agitated/violent.  If everyone let go of their ancestors' pasts and worked to just be the best damn humans they can be, worry about themselves, and not the bs on the news, things might actually have a chance to calm down. 

I think the most interesting thing about all of this is that they're pitting us against each other on the whole in order to prune us, and we're all falling for it.  They've added to the Stanford Prison Experiment and raised the stakes. 

I also feel it necessary to mention how high up this likely goes, with the UN saying America is racist.  This says a lot about how far they are taking this.  There are people in charge of people in charge of people in charge of the police who are supposed to be protecting citizens and instead of that, those police are merely protecting obscure laws all the while running around with trauma-related PTSD.  We won't be completely safe until everything is addressed and dealt with, one by one.

1 hour ago, octopus prime said:

To begin with, well said.

In his Foundation Trilogy,  works of science fiction written in the 70s, Isaac Asimov postulated on a future society built on group dynamics and the mathematics of it.  His foundation was trying to build a  positive society, yet they engaged in subterfuge,  secrecy,  and manipulation of the masses and the political figureheads. None of his work had anything to do with race.

For something like that to work,  he noted that all you needed to achieve the necessary outcome,  was to manipulate events so that the highest percentage of people to react. You don't need everyone,  far from it. Only a few people were even aware of the plan. Almost Everyone played their part blissfully unaware of the big picture,  because if they knew, it would upset the dynamic.  

I know it's a work of fiction,  but is it really? Asimov's fictional group was working to save the majority of the human race and  even they were willing to accept millions and billions of deaths to accomplish this.  And they did over thousands of years.

I  don't believe the group manipulating today's masses are benevolent at all, but I believe they operate the same way and that people like Asimov were telling us about it. Hell, it's even a probability by putting a positive spin on his foundation,  he was actually a propaganda minister for them. I've heard that from others, but who knows? 

Anyway,  to me at least, everything you just said makes sense.  We need to quit scoffing at sociology and get to the bottom of it. 

I haven't read his work at this point in my life (though I should).  There's a book that has details that make me wonder if it's an example of a rule book for TPTB: Finite and Infinite Games.  It does clearly state that so long as everyone either agrees with the rules knowingly or doesn't dispute them, that within finite games, rules can change.  So those that are beholden to the news and media and what the government wants us to know will inevitably feel that even if the rules changed, it's fair.  It takes any number to point out the unfairness of new rules.

Sometimes works of fiction (of any sort, ie even in cartoons/movies/music/other media/art) are warnings or are playbooks, as they like to tell us what is going to happen before it actually happens, which keeps us complicit as we would definitely stop them if it bothered us that much, right? (I'm being sarcastic here, as most citizens don't catch on to what's going on until after the fact when it's too late). 

If all they need is the most people to react, then with maps that show where whites are the minority could easily be centers for where they could manipulate prior minorities into feeling cornered, helpless, or in danger, thus creating a rat in a cage sort of behavior among many within a group that is currently in the majority:

http://www.dailyyonder.com/counties-minorities-majority-grow-rural-america/

Posted (edited)

On 7/9/2016 at 2:51 PM, PrincessButtercup said:

Sometimes works of fiction (of any sort, ie even in cartoons/movies/music/other media/art) are warnings or are playbooks, as they like to tell us what is going to happen before it actually happens, which keeps us complicit as we would definitely stop them if it bothered us that much, right? (I'm being sarcastic here, as most citizens don't catch on to what's going on until after the fact when it's too late). 

If all they need is the most people to react, then with maps that show where whites are the minority could easily be centers for where they could manipulate prior minorities into feeling cornered, helpless, or in danger, thus creating a rat in a cage sort of behavior among many within a group that is currently in the majority:

http://www.dailyyonder.com/counties-minorities-majority-grow-rural-america/

I  meant to post this the other day,  better late than never? They're not fiction. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_psychology

Mathematical psychology is an approach topsychological research that is based onmathematical modeling of perceptual, cognitive and motor processes, and on the establishment of law-like rules that relate quantifiable stimulus characteristics with quantifiable behavior. The mathematical approach is used with the goal of deriving hypotheses that are more exact and thus yield stricter empirical validations. Quantifiable behavior is in practice often constituted by task performance.

As quantification of behavior is fundamental in this endeavor, the theory of measurementis a central topic in mathematical psychology. Mathematical psychology is therefore closely related to psychometrics. However, where psychometrics is concerned with individual differences (or population structure) in mostly static variables, mathematical psychology focuses on process models of perceptual, cognitive and motor processes as inferred from the 'average individual'. Furthermore, where psychometrics investigates the stochastic dependence structure between variables as observed in the population, mathematical psychology almost exclusively focuses on the modeling of data obtained from experimental paradigms and is therefore even more closely related to experimental psychology/cognitive psychology/psychonomics. Likecomputational neuroscience andeconometrics, mathematical psychology theory often uses statistical optimality as a guiding principle, assuming that the human brain has evolved to solve problems in an optimized way. Central themes from cognitive psychology; limited vs. unlimited processing capacity, serial vs. parallel processing, etc., and their implications, are central in rigorous analysis in mathematical psychology.

http://m.pnas.org/content/111/24/8788.full

We show, via a massive (N = 689,003) experiment on Facebook, that emotional states can be transferred to others via emotional contagion, leading people to experience the same emotions without their awareness. We provide experimental evidence that emotional contagion occurs without direct interaction between people (exposure to a friend expressing an emotion is sufficient), and in the complete absence of nonverbal cues.

(Cut)

Now, isn't it just logical to conclude that reaction can be predicted within percentage points? And if information is manipulated to a desired result? 

Statistics are what has already happened,  mathematical psychology and sociological manipulation is the business of what will happen.  Helps to know in advance,  don't you think?

Edited by octopus prime
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

PB if you can tolerate science fiction as a genre at all, the "Foundation" trilogy is worth your time to read.  It was easy for me since I teethed on Sci Fi and I had read just about all the fiction Asimov had written by the time I was 14.  It wasn't until many years later that  I realized he was just as much of an illuminati thinker as anyone in history, and his works were also "textbooks" just as surely as H. G. Wells, George Orwell,  and other so called dystopian fiction authors.

Edited by Jostler
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

PB if you can tolerate science fiction as a genre at all, the "Foundation" trilogy is worth your time to read.  It was easy for me since I teethed on Sci Fi and I had read just about all the fiction Asimov had written by the time I was 14.  It wasn't until many years later that  I realized he was just as much of an illuminati thinker as anyone in history, and his works were also "textbooks" just as surely as H. G. Wells, George Orwell,  and other so called dystopian fiction works

But I wouldn't call Asimov's work dystopian. However,  since you are familiar with the trilogy,  what's your take on the Mule when compared to Trump?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.