Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Pentagon nurses take ‘zombie pandemic’ course to train for real life outbreaks

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

:damned:

 

@Cinnamon @Lucy Barnable - The Night is Dark and full of Terrors CAAWWRRLLLL

 

Pentagon nurses take ‘zombie pandemic’ course to train for real life outbreaks

https://www.rt.com/usa/349599-pentagon-zombie-apocalypse-nurses/

-

The US Department of Defense is using an animated online course about a zombie pandemic to teach active-duty military nurses about population health. There are actual Pentagon guidelines for a zombie outbreak as well. Do they know something we don’t?

Military nurses studying for their doctorate at the Uniformed Services University of the Healthcare Sciences (USU) have to take a course on population health. Because many of the students are deployed around the world, the course has to be available online. It is not all PowerPoints and reading, however: the course features an animated storyline revolving around a zombie pandemic in Washington, DC.

The course was developed by Dr. Catherine Ling, assistant professor and family nurse practitioner at USU’s Daniel K. Inouye Graduate School of Nursing, earning her the prestigious Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award in 2015.

“We use the narrative device of a zombie pandemic in animations and assignment to help engage students in content,” Ling explained in a USU release about the course. Students have to apply the theories and models of public health that they learned in the course to the case of the zombie apocalypse.

The zombie story “keeps the material interesting,” and the theme helps the lessons be more cohesive, Ling said. That narrative cohesion makes it easier to remember the material, and later apply it in a real-life health emergency such as outbreaks of Ebola, Zika or swine flu.

-

 

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The only kind of Zombie outbreak possible would be from a drug stupor, and not in the sense of reanimation of the dead. There are some people who don't realize the difference. Because of that, they laugh at the idea when in all actuality, it's very possible.

It is most likely the nurses are training for the following instead:

The other heavily overlooked possibility is the cutting off of everyone's psych meds when the government finally claims bankruptcy. This is the even bigger threat and will one day happen. You cannot suddenly cut off someone's medications. Especially psych drugs. The murderous crazies will be everywhere!

The statistics show that 49 million Americans use psych meds.

Edited by Cryptic Mole
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:signyeahthat: 

49 million folks who are dependent on some sort of psych meds IS the zombie apocalypse as far as I'm concerned! Couple that with 100 million on some sort of government assistance and you then realize why the government bought the 2.3billion rounds of ammo! It's gonna be grim folks!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

The only kind of Zombie outbreak possible would be from a drug stupor, and not in the sense of reanimation of the dead. There are some people who don't realize the difference. Because of that, they laugh at the idea when in all actuality, it's very possible.

It is most likely the nurses are training for the following instead:

The other heavily overlooked possibility is the cutting off of everyone's psych meds when the government finally claims bankruptcy. This is the even bigger threat and will one day happen. You cannot suddenly cut off someone's medications. Especially psych drugs. The murderous crazies will be everywhere!

The statistics show that 49 million Americans use psych meds.

Oh, I  don't know.  There's a reason the Bible warns against necromancy.  And it does talk about the dead rising. Why bother warning about something that isn't possible?

And psych meds of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

Oh, I  don't know.  There's a reason the Bible warns against necromancy.  And it does talk about the dead rising. Why bother warning about something that isn't possible?

And psych meds of course. 

 

I'm not understanding how your comment about communicating with the dead fits here unless you mean it just fits the general topic of zombies.

As far as the dead rising, the Scriptures are talking about the dead in Christ rising and not the unsaved.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get it. In the event of a zombie pandemic instead of nurses, you need a lot of ammo.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, roamer said:

I don't get it. In the event of a zombie pandemic instead of nurses, you need a lot of ammo.

Maybe they're learning how to administer the vaccine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I'm not understanding how your comment about communicating with the dead fits here unless you mean it just fits the general topic of zombies.

As far as the dead rising, the Scriptures are talking about the dead in Christ rising and not the unsaved.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Daniel 12:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:25-29

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(Pretty sure all means all receive judgement.  Some for reward and some for damnation.)

Rev. 13:3-4 KJV 

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

Daniel 12:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:25-29

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(Pretty sure all means all receive judgement.  Some for reward and some for damnation.)

Rev. 13:3-4 KJV 

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

 

 

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roamer said:

I don't get it. In the event of a zombie pandemic instead of nurses, you need a lot of ammo.

Duh. Haven't they learned anything from 6 seasons of The Walking Dead ??

Hospitals are death traps in any pandemic and nurses are the first to fall. You don't need to train, you need to RUN.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Duh. Haven't they learned anything from 6 seasons of The Walking Dead ??

Hospitals are death traps in any pandemic and nurses are the first to fall. You don't need to train, you need to RUN.

And shoot.  And duck and hide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

Duh. Haven't they learned anything from 6 seasons of The Walking Dead ??

Hospitals are death traps in any pandemic and nurses are the first to fall. You don't need to train, you need to RUN.

It seems they have something else in mind, but I have no clue what it might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.