Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Talon

Sweetener Stevia Was Once Hailed As An Anti-Fertility Agent for Population Reduction

15 posts in this topic

Maybe it's not so sweet now... If you've thought stevia, the natural alternative to sugar and artificial sweetners with aspartame, et al., is too good to be true, there may be a catch. Check out this textbook written in 1970 by Paul and Anne Ehrlich, the precursor to the textbook Ecoscience they wrote with Obama Science Czar John P. Holdren seven years later. The book advocates all manner of horrors to depopulate what they consider an overpopulated world, including everything from adding sterilants to the water and food to producing a sterilizing virus that requires a vaccine antidote one could apply for... it's a nightmare.

As such, it was pretty shocking to find a passage where the authors excitedly discuss using stevia rebaudiana — the same sweet leaf hailed everywhere today as a wonderful, healthy sugar alternative — as an anti-fertility agent. What's more, it had apparently been used traditionally by indigenous Indian populations in Paraguay for a long time, and rats in studies had shown a large drop in fertility after being administered stevia...

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/05/stevia-hailed-as-anti-fertility-agent.html

1 person likes this

Stevia is an anti-fertility agent?

They've been pushing it for about 20 years now...

:snapoutofit:

Wow, damned if you do, damned if you don't. They had all the bases covered.

Been using it for many years, and still do every day. I didn't really read
the above information or watch the video, but I'd bet everything I own
that there is nothing wrong with ingesting it even over many years!

Been using it for many years, and still do every day. I didn't really read
the above information or watch the video, but I'd bet everything I own
that there is nothing wrong with ingesting it even over many years!

​Agreed

Well hell, back to black in the morning here too! Then again, if I had had a sex life recently it might have saved a few..well, issues ;-)

Does anyone here think aspartame or splenda is better with splendas false claims that it's made
from real sugar? Well listen to that. Now they're comparing it to being as good as sugar. What's
wrong with this picture? ROFL!

Also, go ahead and read all the horror stories about aspartame while you're at it! There's a reason
why they tell parents to be sure they never give it to their children. Do you know why? It causes
brain tumors and seizures because its bad for developing brains!

Stevia is safe and without side effects, zero calories, and 200 times sweeter than regular table sugar.
Just a pinch on the tip of your teaspoon will sweeten your cup of coffee, and besides being healthy,
it will save you tons/tonnes of money in the long run!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Hmmm... I've used it when it was given to me but didn't care for it much so I didn't replace it.

What Is Stevia?
September 12, 2013

Stevia is perhaps unique among food ingredients because it's most valued for what it doesn't do. It doesn't add calories. Unlike other sugar substitutes, stevia is derived from a plant.
The stevia plant is part of the Asteraceae family, related to the daisy and ragweed. Several stevia species called "candyleaf" are native to New Mexico, Arizona and Texas.
But the prized species, Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni), grows in Paraguay and Brazil, where people have used leaves from the stevia bush to sweeten food for hundreds of years. In traditional medicine in these regions, stevia also served as a treatment for burns, colic, stomach problems and sometimes as a contraceptive.
-----

The question of whether stevia is safe to consume largely depends on what someone means by "stevia." The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved stevia leaves or "crude stevia extracts" for use as food additives. Studies on stevia in those forms raise concerns about the control of blood sugar and effects on the reproductive, cardiovascular, and renal systems, the FDA warns.

However, the FDA has allowed companies to use an isolated chemical from stevia as food additive, calling the chemical "generally recognized as safe." Now, products such as Truvia and others have the legal go-ahead to use Rebaudioside A, which is also found in stevia, in their no-calorie sweeteners.

But there are some health concerns surrounding the stevia plant. Stevia may cause low blood pressure, which would be of concern to some taking blood pressure medications.

http://www.livescience.com/39601-stevia-facts-safety.html

I'll stick with a little sugar in my coffee.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.