Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
five4ty7am

Check 'My Activity' Dashboard to know how much Google knows about you

10 posts in this topic

It's no secret that Google knows a lot about you.

The company tracks almost everything you do on the Internet, including your searches, music you listen to, videos you watch, and even the places you travel to, and it does this for targeting relevant ads to its users and better improve its service.

Now the technology giant has a plan to make it easier to control all the data the company collects throughout all your different devices.

Google has rolled out a new My Activity page that shows a searchable history of pretty much everything you do online, including previously visited websites, voice searches, searched things and places, watched Netflix programs, and all activities you did on each of its products.

"My Activity is a central place to view and manage activity like searches you've done, websites you've visited, and videos you've watched," Google says. "Your activity is listed as individual items, starting with the most recent. These items might be part of bundles, which group similar activity together."

Google products that the My Activity page hold include Ads, Search, Android, Play, Chrome, YouTube, Video Search, Image Search, Maps, News, Now, Books, Developers, Finance, Help, and Shopping.

http://thehackernews.com/2016/06/google-my-activity.html

https://myactivity.google.com

What if I never log into Google and go to different places making different searches?   Does it somehow collaborate that information and somehow know one person from another on a public terminal?  Man google must really be good if it knows who I am from one device to another.  Maybe it is just storing searches and has no clue who's on the other end?

I just want to unplug all of this crap and leave the internet sometimes. All it is becoming is a way to track, invade, stalk and harass people. They are taking all the fun away that used to be in it. f*** THEM ALL! 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I just want to unplug all of this crap and leave the internet sometimes. All it is becoming is a way to track, invade, stalk and harass people. They are taking all the fun away that used to be in it. f*** THEM ALL! 

3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Its not only google, twitter seems to have very good algorithm to match you with things that are close to you. Often times the other people never mention your name, but the bird knows. Only thing I can think of is that many people are going through the same things at once, hence it figures this out and puts them together. Other times its so good, you are reading about yourself which no one mentioned you, and am like "hmm". Now I see why some people I know don't ever get on it anymore, because ai and drama. 

Sometimes though, it can be useful (often), it just depends on how you structure it. 

Even youtube is great at figuring things out by its algorithms. Now it is creepy, but it is what is is.   

7 minutes ago, rbear said:

Its not only google, twitter seems to have very good algorithm to match you with things that are close to you. Often times the other people never mention your name, but the bird knows. Only thing I can think of is that many people are going through the same things at once, hence it figures this out and puts them together. Other times its so good, you are reading about yourself which no one mentioned you, and am like "hmm". Now I see why some people I know don't ever get on it anymore, because ai and drama. 

Sometimes though, it can be useful (often), it just depends on how you structure it. 

Even youtube is great at figuring things out by its algorithms. Now it is creepy, but it is what is is.   

They are tracking you anyway, facebook has a profile of you and you don't even know it. I'm sick and tired of it all.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

They are tracking you anyway, facebook has a profile of you and you don't even know it. I'm sick and tired of it all.

I block all facebook tracking (beacons/like/follow/etc buttons on pages) except for facebook.com because sometimes (idk once every 3-4 months it seems) I may get on for business. Yes you are tracked like everywhere on line almost. 

When you visit a website, online trackers and the site itself may be able to identify you – even if you’ve installed software to protect yourself. It’s possible to configure your browser to thwart tracking, but many people don’t know how.

Panopticlick will analyze how well your browser and add-ons protect you against online tracking techniques. We’ll also see if your system is uniquely configured—and thus identifiable—even if you are using privacy-protective software.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Edited by rbear

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, rbear said:

How do you know?

Well this little birdie told me.

6 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Apparently facebook can figure out all of your connections and figure out who you are friends with even if you don't have a profile.  Then again some people who left their gps on, that have facebook can figure out that these two people were at the same place at the same time, hence, maybe they have something to do with each other.  I don't know, is this the same guy I keep sitting in rush hour traffic with about the same time everyday?

Edited by counterintelligence

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting,but i'm well aware that every keystroke is logged-my attitude is f*** 'em. I know a lot of folks have the "But i'm not doing anything wrong" viewpoint-and i get that it's not about That-it's about the Principal- but in my personal life,if you been track+traced since wayy before the interwebz,since you were a wee kiddie,you tend to not care anymore.I never had privacy,personally speaking,so i don't even know what it is,it's kind of a foreign concept to me. I just live my life the way i want-if they get sore eyes from seeing what i'm doing,well the ball's in their court,they could always look away for a bit.Or not. I really don't care. Don't look and don't listen if what you see and hear hurts your eye and ear.

Edited by Raxoxane
grammar

On 7/2/2016 at 1:13 PM, Raxoxane said:

Thanks for posting,but i'm well aware that every keystroke is logged-my attitude is f*** 'em. I know a lot of folks have the "But i'm not doing anything wrong" viewpoint-and i get that it's not about That-it's about the Principal- but in my personal life,if you been track+traced since wayy before the interwebz,since you were a wee kiddie,you tend to not care anymore.I never had privacy,personally speaking,so i don't even know what it is,it's kind of a foreign concept to me. I just live my life the way i want-if they get sore eyes from seeing what i'm doing,well the ball's in their court,they could always look away for a bit.Or not. I really don't care. Don't look and don't listen if what you see and hear hurts your eye and ear.

What they don't like is for you so stand up for yourself and to fight back. This will get the "who the feck is this person". Watch the watchers watching you. Look them straight in the face, they will be intimidated because they are the ones who are used to being bullies. Badges don't grant extra rights, or should I say even hidden badges. Have you ever heard the song by Kid Rock saying something like "I can smell a pig from a mile away"? If you don't pay attention, that's how they get ya. Be vigilant. 

On ai, well sometimes ya just want to be like hmm, or you could just use it to login or make every point to counter it with the opposite. (If you like (example) say crown royal, have the opposite say orange crush. If you use crest toothpaste, have the opposite say Armor kind instead. :-)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.