Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malevolent

Drug bust nets big bucks for Miami-Dade police

1 post in this topic

I wonder sometimes how many of the stories and legends about cops helping themselves (just a little) at the scene of a crime are true?  I was once approached by a local policeman who wanted to sell me a guaranteed genuine Rolex for cheap.  I  learned from another source that he had attended to two jewelry brake-ins in the past month.   I declined!  Even if I had that type of money and could not care attitude, those are ugly watches.  I hate a big heavy watch, I mostly wear Ice which weighs about nothing - or Pebble when I have a heavy meeting day!

SOURCE

When Miami-Dade police raided the house of Luis Hernandez-Gonzalez, even the most veteran agents among them were not prepared for what he had stashed in his house: $24 million in cash.

The $24 million was wrapped mostly in bundles of $100 bills and was stuffed into 24 different orange five-gallon buckets. The discovery was made after a statue of St. Lazarus, a popular figure for Cuban Catholics and followers of Santeria, was removed from a wall alcove and detectives punched a hole in the wall, the Miami Herald reported. <snip>

<snip>Hernandez-Gonzalez is likely in shock for a different reason. Not only did he lose $24 million in a gamble with the law, he is also facing a number of charges such as money laundering, marijuana trafficking and possession of a firearm while committing a felony.

Salma Hernandez, his sister, was arrested and charged as well. Her role in the scheme is unclear. However, it is known that she worked at the Blossom Experience.

At least 80 percent of the money can be seized by the Miami-Dade police through civil forfeiture laws, while the feds will be able to take the house in Miami Lakes.<snip>

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.