Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octopus prime

Winter Is Coming

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://nypost.com/2016/06/29/why-the-sun-going-blank-means-a-game-of-thrones-like-winter-is-coming/

(cut)

During solar minimum, the opposite occurs. Solar flares are almost non-existent while whole weeks go by without a single, tiny sunspot to break the monotony of the blank sun. This is what we are experiencing now.”

Given that the sun is the main driver of all weather and climate, the sinister-sounding “blankness” to which Dorian refers has some experts predicting a “Maunder Minimum” phase similar to one which began in 1645 and which is referred to as the “Little Ice Age.”

The Maunder Minimum, named after solar astronomer Edward Maunder, lasted for a brutal 70 years and conditions were so cold, the Thames froze over.

A slightly less intense ice age-like period called the Dalton Minimum — after British meteorologist John Dalton — arrived decades later and lasted from about 1790 to 1830.

“If history is any guide, it is safe to say that weak solar activity for a prolonged period of time can have a cooling impact on global temperatures in the troposphere which is the bottommost layer of Earth’s atmosphere — and where we all live,” Dorian says.

Dorian’s findings back research by professor Valentina Zharkova of Northumbria University, who warned that a predicted sharp decline in solar activity between 2020 and 2050 was a sign that another ice age was coming.

(cut)

I guess the polar bears won't be visiting Florida after all.

Edited by octopus prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

http://nypost.com/2016/06/29/why-the-sun-going-blank-means-a-game-of-thrones-like-winter-is-coming/

(cut)

During solar minimum, the opposite occurs. Solar flares are almost non-existent while whole weeks go by without a single, tiny sunspot to break the monotony of the blank sun. This is what we are experiencing now.”

Given that the sun is the main driver of all weather and climate, the sinister-sounding “blankness” to which Dorian refers has some experts predicting a “Maunder Minimum” phase similar to one which began in 1645 and which is referred to as the “Little Ice Age.”

The Maunder Minimum, named after solar astronomer Edward Maunder, lasted for a brutal 70 years and conditions were so cold, the Thames froze over.

A slightly less intense ice age-like period called the Dalton Minimum — after British meteorologist John Dalton — arrived decades later and lasted from about 1790 to 1830.

“If history is any guide, it is safe to say that weak solar activity for a prolonged period of time can have a cooling impact on global temperatures in the troposphere which is the bottommost layer of Earth’s atmosphere — and where we all live,” Dorian says.

Dorian’s findings back research by professor Valentina Zharkova of Northumbria University, who warned that a predicted sharp decline in solar activity between 2020 and 2050 was a sign that another ice age was coming.

(cut)

I guess the polar bears won't be visiting Florida after all.

Winter has arrived already! and the white walkers draw near.

but in all seriousness, It cant be that bad can it?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spaceweather.com:

Updated 29 Jun 2016

Spotless Days
Current Stretch: 6 days
2016 total: 10 days (6%) 
2015 total: 0 days (0%) 
2014 total: 1 day (<1%)
2013 total: 0 days (0%)
2012 total: 0 days (0%)
2011 total: 2 days (<1%)
2010 total: 51 days (14%)
2009 total: 260 days (71%)
Updated 29 Jun 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Winter has arrived already! and the white walkers draw near.

but in all seriousness, It cant be that bad can it?

I doubt it.  But who knows? I  take all the hyperbole with a grain of salt.  Then again,  as noted in other posts,  we do have a lot of underground construction going on. What if this is the reason?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, octopus prime said:

I doubt it.  But who knows? I  take all the hyperbole with a grain of salt.  Then again,  as noted in other posts,  we do have a lot of underground construction going on. What if this is the reason?

It could very well be the reason. And if true i hope the mountain collapses on all the evil in the world at once. And the rest of us can start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

It could very well be the reason. And if true i hope the mountain collapses on all the evil in the world at once. And the rest of us can start again.

One step further; A sect of the Illuminati is actually what they advertise. They are doing what they believe will save Humanity from extinction, like Noah if you will. Obedience and common purpose would then be vital,  collateral damage not only acceptable,  but necessary.  What then?

 

Naahhhh, some ideas are TOO far-fetched. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.