Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
five4ty7am

Texas secessionists inspired by Brexit: ‘If Trump fails #Texit seems to be our best remedy’

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thousands of social media users are jumping on board with a Brexit-style secession for Texas — which Twitter users are calling “Texit.”

The Texas Nationalist Movement has been trying to piggyback on Britain’s vote for leaving the European Union for several weeks, arguing the two movements are basically the same, reported Vocativ.

“The vast majority of the laws, rules and regulations that affect the people of Texas are created by the political class or unelected bureaucrats in Washington,” said Daniel Miller, president of the TNM.

The Texas secession movement is nothing new, of course, but the “Texit” catchphrase exploded in use Friday, after Britain narrowly voted to break away from the EU.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/texas-secessionists-inspired-by-brexit-if-trump-fails-texit-seems-to-be-our-best-remedy/

I saw the term texit used by @Walk Softly in another thread and had to do some digging on what the hell that was. Lo and behold there is quite the secessionist movement going on down south here in the US too, maybe the brits and their brexit have provided some inspiration (and tactics) for the rest of the world :biggrin:

Edited by five4ty7am
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Aint gonna happen. Not only would the vote need to pass (polls show that most Texans are against it), it needs to be signed off by the Governor and it would also need to pass Congress. Good luck with that. I also believe that the supreme court shortly after the end of the civil war ruled succession illegal. I'm going off memory though and could be wrong Either way, not happening.

Edited by Mr. Anonymous

All 50 states should exit, then start over, forcing D.C. to join Virginia. As it is, we are 50 provinces ruled by a king in a castle. 

1 person likes this

So when is the United States going to have a referendum to leave the federal government?

Just now, Mr. Anonymous said:

Aint gonna happen. Not only would the vote need to pass (polls show that most Texans are against it), it needs to be signed off by the Governor and it would also need to pass Congress. Good luck with that. I also believe that the supreme court shortly after the end of the civil war ruled succession illegal. I'm going off memory though and could be wrong Either way, not happening.

You might want to study the rather unique characteristics of the Texas Constitution.  Ignorance and arrogance are such an ugly mix, btw.

16 minutes ago, grav said:

All 50 states should exit, then start over, forcing D.C. to join Virginia. As it is, we are 50 provinces ruled by a king in a castle. 

Damn good idea, grav! But, being from Maryland, I would have to demand we get back our little piece of DC as well

8 minutes ago, Jostler said:

You might want to study the rather unique characteristics of the Texas Constitution.  Ignorance and arrogance are such an ugly mix, btw.

Out of likes.  I'll hit you when I'm reloaded. 

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't building a dome around D.C. (while congress is in session) and shooting anyone that tries to leave be a lot more efficient?

As far as the name Texit, I guess it beats Texico.

Edited by octopus prime

5 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

Wouldn't building a dome around D.C. (while congress is in session) and shooting anyone that tries to leave be a lot more efficient?

Strange you say that. I seen a video once where they were explaining the dome zones. Basically domes separating different places, say like cities/countries, where the next pod housed say congress or wtv. It was what they really wanted to do as it was a documentary/reasearcher. You would be amazed at what you can find or come across sometimes. I've even seen everything on video clips predicted that we have now, before it was anywhere, or even created. These are hard to find, but then again, I guess with all the videos online/different places online, they get hidden. Just think of how many videos youtube gets uploaded daily and you will know what I mean.

2 hours ago, five4ty7am said:

Damn good idea, grav! But, being from Maryland, I would have to demand we get back our little piece of DC as well

Are you serious? You want a piece of Foggy Bottom? Good grief. You'll never get the smell out. :IBPlzqK:

On 6/24/2016 at 2:37 PM, Jostler said:

The majority of Texans are against it, doesn't matter what their constitution says. If you actually believe for one second that the Federal Government would allow such a thing, then apparently I'm not the only one that's ignorant here. It's a pipe dream.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.