Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octopus prime

The IRS: they will find you and they will

13 posts in this topic

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/feds-will-use-tax-penalty-data-to-find-uninsured-millennials/ Feds will use tax penalty data to find uninsured millennials

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — With time running out for the Obama administration to prove the success of the Affordable Care Act, officials are aggressively targeting a group that could help turn things around: young people.

Federal health officials announced Tuesday they will comb tax records to find 18-34 year-olds who paid the penalty stipulated under President Barack Obama’s health act for not buying health insurance and reach out to them directly with emails to urge them to avoid even higher penalties scheduled for this year. They also plan to heavily advertise the enrollment campaign, including a promotion with trendy ride-sharing service Lyft to offer discounted rides to enrollment events.

Insurance companies need robust enrollment of healthy young people to balance the costs of caring for older, sicker adults, who signed up in droves for insurance under so-called Obamacare. The overhaul has been a financial drain for many companies entering their fourth year of the law. 

(Cut)

Besides the abysmal failure of Obamacare, now the IRS will be used to hound you. The unconstitionality of the IRS aside,  it is once again going to be used as a telemarketing method and collecion agency for things other than taxes. Extortion,  pure and simple. 

ABOLISH THE IRS NOW! 

1 person likes this

Ohh......but Obama told me ObamaCare wasn't a tax.......and yep, the young one are the ones expected to make it all work....our government is hedging a risky bet...

Posted (edited)

Who doesn't have an extra $1,000 a month to hand over to the medical industry complex?  Especially, 18-34 year olds.

Edited by Rothbard
1 person likes this

Ugh I hate this topic. I even worked for oummer care for a while taking applications while between jobs. That was the worst job I've had in ages. I've worked call centers before and even was over an entire cruise ship and million dollar accts. while working for this gov contractor the "rules" at the call center were rediclous. No pens and paper at your desk, no phones, no slang, articulate your words etc... In the south a lot of ppl just can't do that lol and out of 300 agents most got wrote up daily due to "slang" when it's just the way we southerners talk. Anyway don't let them lie it IS a tax and it was forced upon the American people with out a vote. If it were not a tax then why are their penalties. 

I was the one in training asking all the off the wall questions and even worded the question about the taxes in a way the trainers couldn't answer it wouldn't answer. I just simply asked if its not a tax then why are people forced to pay, something along those lines and just got a "we will get back with you" answer. And wouldn't you know it my second day on the phone I got the same exact question that I asked, even worded the same way. I had to tell the guy "I hope I'm not being recorded, but it is a tax no matter how they tell us to spin it" the guy was actually shocked I told the truth after he was lied to repeatedly lol. 

Now the IRS chasing these people down is just a waste of federal funds. Most if not all 18-34 year olds I know can not "afford" to spend an extra $400-$1200 a month for insurance that most don't need. During those years I was only in the hospital once, of course it was a broken neck and thank God I did have ins but other than that I never used it. Even went to a free clinic for my physicals. A good buddy of mine is 35 he hasn't been to the doc or hospital since he was 17 and he's a prime example of this irs crap. This year was the first year he's had to pay taxes and it was bc of no obummer care. 

2 people like this

From their own website:

Report Phishing and Online Scams

The IRS doesn't initiate contact with taxpayers by email, text messages or social media channels to request personal or financial information. This includes requests for PIN numbers, passwords or similar access information for credit cards, banks or other financial accounts.

Report all unsolicited email claiming to be from the IRS or an IRS-related function tophishing@irs.gov. If you've experienced any monetary losses due to an IRS-related incident, please report it to the Treasury Inspector General Administration (TIGTA) and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) through their Complaint Assistant to make the information available to investigators.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/irs-warns-of-pervasive-telephone-scam

Be sure to report them... to themselves. :dry:

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Groove said:

Ugh I hate this topic. I even worked for oummer care for a while taking applications while between jobs. That was the worst job I've had in ages. I've worked call centers before and even was over an entire cruise ship and million dollar accts. while working for this gov contractor the "rules" at the call center were rediclous. No pens and paper at your desk, no phones, no slang, articulate your words etc... In the south a lot of ppl just can't do that lol and out of 300 agents most got wrote up daily due to "slang" when it's just the way we southerners talk. Anyway don't let them lie it IS a tax and it was forced upon the American people with out a vote. If it were not a tax then why are their penalties. 

I was the one in training asking all the off the wall questions and even worded the question about the taxes in a way the trainers couldn't answer it wouldn't answer. I just simply asked if its not a tax then why are people forced to pay, something along those lines and just got a "we will get back with you" answer. And wouldn't you know it my second day on the phone I got the same exact question that I asked, even worded the same way. I had to tell the guy "I hope I'm not being recorded, but it is a tax no matter how they tell us to spin it" the guy was actually shocked I told the truth after he was lied to repeatedly lol. 

Now the IRS chasing these people down is just a waste of federal funds. Most if not all 18-34 year olds I know can not "afford" to spend an extra $400-$1200 a month for insurance that most don't need. During those years I was only in the hospital once, of course it was a broken neck and thank God I did have ins but other than that I never used it. Even went to a free clinic for my physicals. A good buddy of mine is 35 he hasn't been to the doc or hospital since he was 17 and he's a prime example of this irs crap. This year was the first year he's had to pay taxes and it was bc of no obummer care. 

Major tax evaders owing millions aren't even prosecuted or contacted, but the little guy owing just a little tax get persecuted.

There was a taxpayers bill of rights for such abuses.

George Washington never told a lie, but then he never had to file a Form 1040.

If our President wanted to abolish poverty, he can do it by abolishing the IRS.

Late one night a mugger wearing a ski mask jumped into the path of a man and stuck a gun in his ribs.  "Give me your money", he demanded.  Indignant, the man replied, "You cannot do this - I am an IRS agent!"  "In that case," replied the robber, "Give me MY money!"

2 people like this

$400 to $1200? Really? I thought it was a small fine. I don't see how young adults can make it nowadays. I see more and more illegals taking good jobs too. Not picking veggies. They do all the construction work around Baton Rouge, often getting $20 and up per hour. Do they pay taxes? Will they get audited? Ha!  

The economy is down and is never getting up.  

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, grav said:

$400 to $1200? Really? I thought it was a small fine. I don't see how young adults can make it nowadays. I see more and more illegals taking good jobs too. Not picking veggies. They do all the construction work around Baton Rouge, often getting $20 and up per hour. Do they pay taxes? Will they get audited? Ha!  

The penalty can be just as much as the insurance premiums you'd be putting up. No insurance, pay at the doctor's office, and pay the penalty and get highway robberied.  But it is highway robbery even if you enroll for the insurance.  Part D Medicare was just as much a joke when it came out, but you had to have Parts A&B of course.  I think the government has rigged the Generation Screwed as US News and World Report called it.  Generation Screwed, screw the government!

Since the 16th Amendment was never ratified by the states, but yet it is still here, and for the purpose of the devalued currency and the war debt they are trying to pay off, I'd say all the government is doing is spending money to cover their ass.  

lol find me my dick. I have never paid taxes to them in 15 years. They send letters i send letters. They are like a pen pal. Ground a set of balls

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, grav said:

Still cheaper than a years worth of insurance that you prolly only used a couple times. Even thru my  job I pay about $150 a month($1800/year)for insurance and that's just for me. If I went to a doc more than once a year I could understand the pricing but I only go for a check up once a year, take care of my own colds and allergies the natural way. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.