Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

London Tube Evacuated

7 posts in this topic

Hey Shep..is this a big deal?

BREAKING: Commuter chaos as Bank Tube station evacuated

A CENTRAL London Tube station has been evacuated during rush hour – causing travel chaos.

Bank and Monument Tube stations in the heart of the capital were evacuated at 6.30pm.

They remain shut. 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/524859/bank-monument-station-evacuated-central-district-line-transport-for-london

Never been there, but I'd guess that this might be a big deal... Especially with the vote tomorrow.

London's Bank and Monument Tube stations were evacuated at around 6.45pm.

Witnesses heard alarms and Transport For London employees "screaming" at passengers to exit the station immediately.

Commuters took to Twitter to warn Londoners to steer clear of the busy station. 

Leah wrote: "Avoid Bank Station!!! Alarms and evacuation. Station was closed. Really scary!"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/524859/bank-monument-station-evacuated-central-district-line-transport-for-london

Looks like it has turned out to be a fault fire alarm. you had me panicking for a moment, i only just saw this!

7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Looks like it has turned out to be a fault fire alarm. you had me panicking for a moment, i only just saw this!

I didn't know if it was a big deal or not. I figured you would let us know if we need to get excited since its happening on your side of the pond.

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Can't be as bad as DC subway, that thing catches fire a couple times a day. Someone died from smoke inhalation awhile back. Now they have parts of it shut down making repairs. I don't think any subway system is brand new anymore. DC subway is 60+ years old. Something that old is bound to have problems. Hopefully no one was hurt. I wonder how old London subway is???

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.