Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Pink Pistols

16 posts in this topic

Gun sales surge among gays, lesbians after Orlando shooting

Posted June 16, 2016

DENVER -- Gun sales are surging in the wake of Sunday’s deadly mass shooting in Orlando, Fla. The tragedy is generating new debate over gun control reform and the right to bear arms.

Gun shops typically see a spike in customers after mass shootings. But this time, many are seeing shoppers they’ve never really seen before: More gays and lesbians.

George Horne, the owner of The Gun Room, Denver’s oldest firearms dealer, said Tuesday business is booming at his store.

"For this time of year I’d say its three to four times what we normally have," he said.

Background checks that once took minutes can now take hours. It's a sales surge similar to what happened after Sandy Hook and the Aurora theater shootings.

“We’re not surprised by it,” Horne said.

However, what’s different this time around is the clientele. Mike Smith, a firearms instructor in Colorado Springs, is one of many closely tracking the sudden surge in gays and lesbians buying weapons.

“I think right now because of what happened, people are looking for answers,” he said. “You walk into a gun shop and you expect to see people, frankly, who look like me. I think we forget we’re a country of all people, not just people who fit that predetermined mold.”

The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.

Dozens of new chapters are springing up, including one Smith is creating in Colorado Springs. He said it’s something he feels compelled to do, even though he’s heterosexual.

“I look at it as a disenfranchised minority that needs someone who’s willing to say I’m a resource who’s here and willing to help,” he said.

Another chapter also appears to be forming in the Denver area. The Pink Pistols typically meet on a regular basis at firing ranges to practice shooting.

Read the whole post here : http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-surge-after-orlando-shooting/

2 people like this

LOL I want to see CONgress try and put a plug in this genie's bottle.  

45 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

LOL I want to see CONgress try and put a plug in this genie's bottle.  

That and their ASSault weapons ban. Go ahead and ban them the ar is semi auto not full auto :-P

i got a stupid email earlier from our VP, don't know how I ended up on his email but anyway he apparently is in agreement with Oboso that ass ault weapons be banned again. When will these asshats learn the proper terminology of weaponry. Even the U.S. Military defines them as fully automatic or having selective fire, semi, burst, full. The mind games they play and the idiots who believe them. 

West Hollywood Inundated With AMAZING Pro-Gun, Pro-Gay Posters

On Wednesday morning, posters suddenly appeared in West Hollywood, California featuring a gay version of the Gadsden Flag featuring a rattlesnake on top of the gay rainbow. The flags also had the hashtag #ShootBack indicating a more proactive approach to gay self-defense.
-----
If one picture is worth a thousand words, the series of posters surely represented an eloquent plea to the LGBT community and other Americans to stand as one (thus the "Don't Tread On Me symbol of the American Revolution), as well as a marked attempt to encourage the LGBT community to eschew their traditional pacifist role and take up arms to defend themselves, in the manner of Americans from the Minutemen of the Revolutionary War to the armed service members who defend American values to this very day. 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6612/west-hollywood-inundated-poster-rainbow-gadsen-hank-berrien

This is a good sign.
Gays tend to be liberals and even they are waking up.

1 minute ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I like it.
Is the slide hard to pull back?

No not at all,im not a glock person but if you look.A glock 22 is great!!you can get it in 9mm,40mm,45.And you can just change the barrels out so its 3 guns for the price of 1 and a half!!!keep it clean and you are good to go!!

2 minutes ago, yaknow said:

No not at all,im not a glock person but if you look.A glock 22 is great!!you can get it in 9mm,40mm,45.And you can just change the barrels out so its 3 guns for the price of 1 and a half!!!keep it clean and you are good to go!!

Thanks!
I'm going to go to a gun shop and see if I can operate it.
I was thinking a revolver would be better for me because I'm not strong enough to pull the slide back on the ones I've tried.
Also those molded plastic hand grips are a problem. My fingers are too small to fit them right, but maybe ones made for women would work.

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Thanks!
I'm going to go to a gun shop and see if I can operate it.
I was thinking a revolver would be better for me because I'm not strong enough to pull the slide back on the ones I've tried.
Also those molded plastic hand grips are a problem. My fingers are too small to fit them right, but maybe ones made for women would work.

Lucy it's often more a matter of technique than strength.  Get the salesperson to show you and practice it a few times.  It's almost certain you can find one with a slide you can operate quite easily.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Lucy it's often more a matter of technique than strength.  Get the salesperson to show you and practice it a few times.  It's almost certain you can find one with a slide you can operate quite easily.

Thanks, I will.
I've tried on several guns but they were all "guy guns". lol
Too big for me I think.

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Thanks, I will.
I've tried on several guns but they were all "guy guns". lol
Too big for me I think.

A good gun store will find you a suitable model.  But I bet you could jack the slide on some of those you've already tried as well if you had someone to work with you on how to do it.  Either way, don't give up.  Get armed and get some basic training in firearm safety (and most of all, aiming, breathing and trigger control :) )

Just now, Jostler said:

A good gun store will find you a suitable model.  But I bet you could jack the slide on some of those you've already tried as well if you had someone to work with you on how to do it.  Either way, don't give up.  Get armed and get some basic training in firearm safety (and most of all, aiming, breathing and trigger control :) )

I'm great with my rugger sportsman .22... dead eye.
:biggrin:

Why wouldn't a revolver be just as good for a hand gun?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.