Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Polite British grandma gets a rather lovely reply from Google

2 posts in this topic

Well at least they have a sense of humor?

Internet sensation Grandma May has finally received a polite response to her equally polite Google search. 

The saga started when her search inquiry — "Please translate these roman numerals mcmxviii thank you" — was shared by her grandson Ben John, who was amused at his nan's minding of her manners online, and the world has been in love ever since.

Turns out, the folks at Google loved it too. On Thursday, Google told Grandma May via Twitter that no "thanks" were necessary when it came to her search request, while Google UK said Wednesday that in a world with billions of searches, her's made them smile.

Source: http://mashable.com/2016/06/16/polite-nan-google-reply/#v0AaBwFQJiqI

Posted (edited)

Imagine that... a mega corp taking the time for a personal response. Funny though, when I was a kid growing up, all corporations did it. I know because I used to buy the offers that were on the cereal boxes, but I always wrote a thank you letter and every single one would reply. It didn't matter how many times I bought from the same company, they always wrote me either a hand written, or typed personal letter.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.