Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Florida shop refused to sell guns to ‘very odd’ Orlando attacker (contacted authorities!!!!!!)

11 posts in this topic

A gun store in Florida turned away Omar Mateen weeks before he attacked an Orlando gay nightclub because he acted odd and asked unusual questions. The store owner said he also alerted the authorities.

TrendsOrlando nightclub massacre

The attacker who killed 49 people and injured 53 more at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida on Sunday, was identified as Omar Mateen of Fort Pierce, Florida. A gun store in nearby Port St. Lucie confirmed he purchased the Glock 17 handgun and the Sig Sauer MCX rifle from them a week earlier, passing the background check.

At Lotus Gunworks of South Florida, however, the staff turned Mateen away after he began asking unusual questions about body armor and ammunition, Robbie Abell told the Wall Street Journal. His shop in Jensen Beach is a half an hour’s drive from Fort Pierce.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/347042-florida-shop-orlando-attacker/

:thwak:

He was investigated by the FBI for links to terrorism twice and again for making 'inflammatory remarks' to colleagues and reported by a gun shop owner... and nothing was done!

:smfjsraq:

ISIS killer was linked to American suicide bomber and had been interviewed by the FBI THREE times
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637797/Orlando-gay-club-shooter-Omar-Mateen-investigated-TWICE-FBI.html

Seems like they wanted him to remain free... 

1 person likes this

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Seems like they wanted him to remain free... 

Seems like they had big plans for him...
It's appears to be pretty easy to convince Muslims to martyr themselves.
Perhaps that's why Obama is "surging" 100 Muslims a day into our country.

1 person likes this

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Seems like they had big plans for him...
It's appears to be pretty easy to convince Muslims to martyr themselves.
Perhaps that's why Obama is "surging" 100 Muslims a day into our country.

I was actually wondering why it's only 100... I think that is a big fat lie. 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I was actually wondering why it's only 100... I think that is a big fat lie. 

Yeah, I read awhile back that it's all the people doing the prepossessing could handle.
But remember, once in they can bring in family members. I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many.

How Can Refugee or Asylee Help Family Come to the U.S.?
You have more than one option when arranging for spouse, children, and other close family to come to the U.S. after your grant of asylee or refugee status.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-can-refugee-asylee-help-family-come-the-us.html

1 hour ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yeah, I read awhile back that it's all the people doing the prepossessing could handle.
But remember, once in they can bring in family members. I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many.

How Can Refugee or Asylee Help Family Come to the U.S.?
You have more than one option when arranging for spouse, children, and other close family to come to the U.S. after your grant of asylee or refugee status.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-can-refugee-asylee-help-family-come-the-us.html

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

That was great! Thanks for sharing it.
It's good to maintain some humor during the collapse of the American way of life.

So the left still wants to blame guns and blame the right. Hmmm so let me get this straight, this guy was investigated by the FBI 2 or 3 times, had an idiot "friend" who blew hisself up, AND now a gun shop turns him down and notified authorities. Ok now I get it, it's the guns fault. No morons (and a few other words that won't be said here) it's a complete failure by the FBI and the government who's tit you love to suck on. Stop lying to yourselves you stupid brainwashed pile of dog doo and wake the fluk up! Arrrrggghhhh tired of this insanity!!!!! 

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Groove said:

So the left still wants to blame guns and blame the right. Hmmm so let me get this straight, this guy was investigated by the FBI 2 or 3 times, had an idiot "friend" who blew hisself up, AND now a gun shop turns him down and notified authorities. Ok now I get it, it's the guns fault. No morons (and a few other words that won't be said here) it's a complete failure by the FBI and the government who's tit you love to suck on. Stop lying to yourselves you stupid brainwashed pile of dog doo and wake the fluk up! Arrrrggghhhh tired of this insanity!!!!! 

You know the next time I start to get the urge to contact the government, I think I'll just resort to taking care of it myself.  I have to do all the work already.  You call the government and they spend more time pouncing on your butt trying to convince you you're the guilty party and getting into grievance fights with other government agencies over who's jurisdiction it is.   The authorities have become quite selective in whom they will serve and for what reason.  Heaven forbid these gunfights are the result of something the government is or isn't doing as part of their duties.  Regardless of whether it is tyranny or some criminal on the loose, it's still the same exercise of the 2nd Amendment baby!  In the hands of a criminal, no discrimination is used, and when met with force, the criminal finally realizes that the gun is not going to open every door.  

Just like selling alcohol at a bar to someone who's already intoxicated, some laws in some states would hold the bartender accountable instead of the town drunk.  The gun shop owner in the second would be using discretion, whereas the first gun shop would only go on stop gap paperwork that could change regardless.  The second is using a little more sense than paperwork can provide.  Seems there was something like this that came up just as the terrorists were boarding.  They had an argument about something with the terrorists out in the parking lot before boarding the plane.  

Gun Control: It's the only thing that will prevent the Gun Salesman of the last 8 years from getting "fired".  He shouldn't even be there in the first place.  The paperwork on him has been sealed up and inaccessible to most of the public who have the right to know.  If you're the first gun shop owner, his "background check" was not vetted properly by Nancy Pelosi, and so he's "passed."  The second gun shop owner has the right of refusal to anyone he wants, although I don't think that he is liable by law for selling to someone who's "intoxicated" in the head.  Wouldn't surprise me if there were such laws, but they seem to want to go after the gun manufacturers.  Take a look see at what was called the "Winchester House".  They do seem to make a felony out of someone who is both intoxicated and carrying a firearm.  

Edited by counterintelligence

GUN SHOP OWNER: WE CALLED FBI AFTER MATEEN TRIED TO BUY BODY ARMOR, BULK AMMUNITION

SOURCE: CBS

Robbie Abell, co-owner of Lotus Gunworks in Jensen Beach, Florida, told reporters that Omar Mateen, the gunman who killed 49 people at the gay nightclub Pulse, came into his store about five weeks ago.

Abell said that Mateen asked for level 3 body armor, but the store doesn’t sell it. He also said Mateen made a phone call and spoke Arabic before asking for bulk ammunition.

The employees did not sell him any ammunition and Abell stated that “we contacted FBI direct” after Mateen left the store, but they were “not as attentive as we would have hoped.”

<snip>

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Gun_Shop_Owner%3A_We_Called_FBI_After_Mateen_Tried_to_Buy_Body_Armor%2C_Bulk_Ammunition/51959/0/38/38/Y/M.html

More detailed info on the gun shop owner and what happened with Mateen.  So, it was the FBI that was called! WTF!  Somebody needs to lose their jobs over this!  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.