Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cryptid Mold

LIVE Stream: Donald Trump Rally in Dallas, TX (6-16-16)

69 posts in this topic

About 500 officers were at Fair Park yesterday training for trouble. The fact that most major venues in the DFW area refused to host his event is sort of telling I think. Finally Gilleys rolled over and said he could have his rally there. I think Gilleys only holds about 3800 people but Ive seen reports on the news that more than that plan on protesting outside. I wonder if Gilleys is gonna have their bars open too?

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is getting ready to rally in Dallas. And those who disagree with his views are ready to protest.

The campaign event will be held at Gilley’s Dallas - South Side Ballroom at 7 p.m. on Thursday. Doors are scheduled to open at 4 p.m.

However, Gilley’s was not Trump’s first choice of venue. His campaign was turned down by venues in Irving and Grand Prairie, citing a lack of time to prepare for such an event.

Organizers of Thursday’s anti-Trump protests expect thousands of people to participate.

“We're a country where diversity is our strength,” said LULAC President Domingo Garcia. “We talk about freedom of expression, of value, in one melting pot. That is not the message that Donald Trump brings, and that's why we're gonna rebut this bully on Thursday."

Various groups representing the LGBT community, Muslims, Latinos, African Americans and Native Americans are planning to peacefully rally outside Gilley's at 6 p.m. The protestors are being asked to wear white shirts to represent peace.

More: http://www.fox4news.com/news/159938205-story

another symbolic date! might end up with another EVENT today!

Organizers say they could have as many as 10,000 to give Trump a "hot" Texas welcome at the  7 p.m. event.  Dallas police, who went through riot training Wednesday, stand ready if things get out of hand.

Trump's rallies are often a spectacle, inside and out, with the bombastic New York businessman thrilling supporters with promises to build a wall along the southern border and wipe out the Islamic State. 

In other cities, protests have gotten out of hand.

"We will be giving Donald Trump a warm, hot Texas welcome," said Dallas lawyer Domingo Garcia, an activist who has helped organize the protest. "We are expecting to send a message to Donald Trump that his campaign of hatred, bigotry and division is not welcome in the United States or North Texas."

Trump critics met Wednesday to discuss plans for the demonstration, and said buses will be deployed throughout Dallas County to transport people to the event. Protest organizers are asking participants to wear white to symbolize peace, and marshals wearing yellow shirts will be in the crowd to help keep the peace. 

More: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160614-protesters-promise-to-give-trump-hot-texas-welcome-thursday-at-gilley-s.ece

3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

another symbolic date! might end up with another EVENT today!

Im nervous about this event. There is not a lot of love for Trump in North Texas. Remember Ted Cruz carried this state in a big way. Every venue in the Dallas area turned him down including hotels with large ballrooms. What could possibly go wrong in 100 degree temps in a state where people can open carry?

His first venue choice was in Irving. Remember clock boy was from Irving and that is where they wanted to set up their Sharia Law court. No surprise Irving turned him down. They didn't want any Muslim trouble in their town.

I pray this is a peaceful event!

2 minutes ago, CGK said:

Im nervous about this event. There is not a lot of love for Trump in North Texas. Remember Ted Cruz carried this state in a big way. Every venue in the Dallas area turned him down including hotels with large ballrooms. What could possibly go wrong in 100 degree temps in a state where people can open carry?

His first venue choice was in Irving. Remember clock boy was from Irving and that is where they wanted to set up their Sharia Law court. No surprise Irving turned him down. They didn't want any Muslim trouble in their town.

I pray this is a peaceful event!

I'm going to be watching closely. I expect something just because of the date combined with its location!

This might be a first...The protesters are bringing their own security!!!

Protesters planning to rally against Trump at Gilley’s say they’re not looking for violent clashes. They are minority activists, leaders, and groups like LULAC, who say they’ll only be armed with American flags and a message.

"His campaign of hatred, bigotry, and division is not welcome in the United States or North Texas," said attorney Domingo Garcia, one of the organizers of the protest.

Garcia says the protesters will employ 40-50 security officers who are former military and law enforcement to keep them safe, and anyone looking for a fight won’t last long.

"If somebody acts up, we’re going to ask them to leave the demonstration," Garcia said. "If they refuse to leave, we’ll let DPD do their job."

He expects 1,000 to 5,000 people to show up against Trump. Thousands more will likely show up to support the presumptive Republican candidate.They can expect hundreds of Dallas police officers to greet them, protecting both side’s rights to free speech.

More: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-county/protesters-prepare-to-join-trump-supporters-outside-thursday-rally-at-gilleys-dallas/245618114

FYI Gilleys is across the street from Dallas PD headquarters.

12 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'm going to be watching closely. I expect something just because of the date combined with its location!

Im worried Shep. Both of my kids live in the city, only a couple of miles away from Gilleys.

If there is any trouble, Im sure I will be hearing about it first hand.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.