Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

I've come to the conclusion!

11 posts in this topic

I've come to the conclusion that flat earth discussion is not the problem. Its some of the people who want to discuss it that give it a bad name. Double standards! Incompatible!

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I've come to the conclusion that flat earth discussion is not the problem. Its some of the people who want to discuss it that give it a bad name. Double standards! Incompatible!

I agree, some are rather respectful. Then others are just flat out rude and incorrigible. Thus giving those of us who wish to engage in discussion a bad taste. Which leads to forum fights and stupidity.

cant beleive people still squabble over flat earth debate 

I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't care if the earth is flat or round, I just live on it. That being said, I don't follow the FE thread because there are lot of other threads on this forum that interest me more.

I wish we could all just get along!!!

:heartflowers:

1 hour ago, CGK said:

I wish we could all just get along!!!

I just wanna get along

I've come to the conclusion that those of your like minded side of things get a free couple of shots in without restrictions, but if they are retaliated upon by those on the opposing side of your points of view, they do not get the same free passes..... and when giving the double warnings thing to both parties, it's usually after the FE/Religious individual retaliated and defended themselves & others being picked on relentlessly. 

No one is going to be a little b*tch and hit the complain button when they can handle a troll like an adult themselves.... but when the warnings only come after someone has to defend themselves or others, that's when it seems & feels biased. 

I knew this was likely going to happen with me when I saw it happen to Challenger.... I'm not politically correct, I do step on egos if I feel strongly about something, I speak raw but within etiquette standards of decency, usually, and everything I said tonight was curse-less but firm & direct, which was apparently needed with someone who swings wildly in the blind and is left to do so.   I have and will always "own it" when I deserve it, and have, shit one night me & Cinn talked for hours on PMs right after she gave me a warning, which I deserved I suppose but there wasn't any gross energy attached to it like I feel with this one.  It's palpable.... and with people like Han, lol, who can't post without insulting someone stupid who deserves it..... there definitely are not equal across the board standards let's just say.  That's an issue and implies biased selective enforcements upon ego steppers..... ego strokers get free shots in.

My needing meds like Lithium while being a mental midget is cool with you guys I guess.... so I figured y'all must feel the same way about me too, and that's not a place or people I want to be around.  No one but me knows the hate & rage I endure on a daily basis..... I know certain types instantly by the choice words they use, and I have no tolerance left for such scum.... and pathological liars who always seem to know someone or be personally involved with everything being discussed that's big news.  Lying about such things can influence others' opinions toward the Darkside, the side of lies & illusions by "confirming" non existent facts to them.

This is how all the CT forums fell..... the bias & selective rule enforcements toward those of conflicting opinions starts, then the politically correct echo chamber of MSM information as definite facts, then next thing you know the Borg have assimilated the place and it becomes a clone of all the others, some with varying levels of hate & arguing, same exact information on them all though....... but at least here there is free range FE discussions.  If this trend of MSM parroting keep growing here though, it's just a matter of time before FE doesn't fit in so well with the PC crowd that's attracted.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I saw it happen to Challenger

You want to bring 2thePoint into this, really?  I don't think that is a good idea since I have already experienced her and her cohort the Comedian working together to destroy another forum that I was a moderator on. 

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

My needing meds like Lithium while being a mental midget is cool with you guys I guess.... so I figured y'all must feel the same way about me too, and that's not a place or people I want to be around.  No one but me knows the hate & rage I endure on a daily basis..... I know certain types instantly by the choice words they use, and I have no tolerance left for such scum.... and pathological liars who always seem to know someone or be personally involved with everything being discussed that's big news.  Lying about such things can influence others' opinions toward the Darkside, the side of lies & illusions by "confirming" non existent facts to them.

This is how all the CT forums fell..... the bias & selective rule enforcements toward those of conflicting opinions starts, then the politically correct echo chamber of MSM information as definite facts, then next thing you know the Borg have assimilated the place and it becomes a clone of all the others, some with varying levels of hate & arguing, same exact information on them all though....... but at least here there is free range FE discussions.  If this trend of MSM parroting keep growing here though, it's just a matter of time before FE doesn't fit in so well with the PC crowd that's attracted.

BTW, the lithium comment should have been reported and removed, we are not perfect and it's hard to read every single comment that is made here, though we do our best. And the mental midget comment was not even in reference to you, it was directed at a guest who commented and that post made by the guest was deleted, that is why you assumed it was meant for you, but it was not. I just went back and looked, I can see deleted comments but users can't. Here's the comment that was responded to and deleted:

Okay, you're a foul mouthed moron. I wont waste any more time with your derp threads, lenny. You can't put me on ignore can ya?

So it seems to me, that other than your not liking how people are reacting to events that are taking place around the world, most of this is much ado about nothing. 

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Boas and selective rule enforcements? yeh we do not do that on the whole. Mistakes can be made. only have 3 mods and already reading soo much my eyes are falling out so it slips through sometimes. And we already made it clear before. First strikers will be to blame not retaliation. (but carrying it on between threads, makes you the first striker in that topic) It just seems like well. you do NOT control what the users want to discuss. You can mediate with threads and if people are interested they will join you. Seems like its your way or the highway with this post!

And we've been nothing but cool with you jibby. Helped out best we could with you. and all that. And for it not being long before the fe doesn't fit in. nah not gunna happen because you see all ct topics are protected here. thats why you came.

But Unlike the other sites im not going to pick a side of it and either kiss ass or get rid. I'll keep the peace. Warn when it needs to be and we will lose posters who cant take a simple slap on the wrist. Which lets be honest does not mean much at all other than you acknowledge it happened. You don't get blocked/banned unless its really really bad. so whats the big deal. You are on a ct site with a ton of freedom of content and all that is asked is a little bit of decorum.

Hope you rested well.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.