Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octopus prime

AG uses Orlando for LGBT advancement

4 posts in this topic

Just like discussed on here the day of the shooting.  Two things are now happening.  The continued assault on the traditional family dynamic,  and a new offensive to strip away our freedom.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/loretta-lynch-womens-summit-000000011.html ‘The example that we need’: U.S. attorney general praises LGBT response to Orlando

The attorney general of the United States praised the response of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans in the wake of the Sunday terrorist attack on an Orlando nightclub.

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch also offered a powerful message, addressed to a community whose sense of safety was devastated by the massacre: “We support you.”

“We stand with you and, in the aftermath of this horrific attack, we have been inspired by you. We have been inspired by your coming together in resilience, coming together in strength, coming together in love,” she said, explicitly directing her remarks to the LGBT community during an unexpected appearance Tuesday afternoon at the White House United State of Women Summit in Washington, D.C., which had not listed her as a scheduled speaker.

“You are giving all of us the example that we need to rebuild our sense of safety, to rebuild our sense of community, to vow to never to let fear to take hold. And we honor you for that,” Lynch said.

“Now this is not an easy task, particularly in light of such pain and such loss, particularly in the aftermath of an attack like this that shakes our sense of self, that shakes our understanding of our own safety, that has the potential to make us doubt who we are and can make us wonder what we can truly accomplish,” she continued.

Lynch at once counseled against despair and sought to provide reassurance. “It can be so tempting to give in to cynicism and despair. It can be so easy to believe that our progress has been an illusion. That one step forward can always be met with two steps back,” she said.

(Cut)

They could at least change the record, this is getting insulting. 

"I'm A Gay Activist: After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote To Trump"

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.
-----
I also now realize, with brutal clarity, that in the progressive hierarchy of identity groups, Muslims are above gays. Every pundit and politician -- and that includes President Obama and Hillary Clinton and half the talking heads on TV -- who today have said "We don't know what the shooter's motivation could possibly be!" have revealed to me their true priorities: appeasing Muslims is more important than defending the lives of gay people. Every progressive who runs interference for Islamic murderers is complicit in those murders, and I can no longer be a part of that team.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/im-gay-activist-after-orlando-i-have-switched-my-vote-trump

:chuckle:

1 hour ago, Lucy Barnable said:

"I'm A Gay Activist: After Orlando, I Have Switched My Vote To Trump"

This is the saddest day of my life. I can't even wrap my mind around the horror of what happened last night in Orlando, where 50 joyful dancing queers were murdered by a religious extremist. I'm sad -- devastated, in my soul -- about that; but I'm also sad that the events of Orlando have shattered my political beliefs, as I can no longer swear allegiance to a peace-love-and-unicorns progressive philosophy that only helps to get my fellow queers killed.
-----
I also now realize, with brutal clarity, that in the progressive hierarchy of identity groups, Muslims are above gays. Every pundit and politician -- and that includes President Obama and Hillary Clinton and half the talking heads on TV -- who today have said "We don't know what the shooter's motivation could possibly be!" have revealed to me their true priorities: appeasing Muslims is more important than defending the lives of gay people. Every progressive who runs interference for Islamic murderers is complicit in those murders, and I can no longer be a part of that team.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/im-gay-activist-after-orlando-i-have-switched-my-vote-trump

:chuckle:

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.