Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mollyblue

Wackenhut

3 posts in this topic

securityguardjob.weebly.com/wackenhut-security.html

So do any of you remember them in any other context???????

I don't have time right now to read the entire article, but I remember they were part of the private prisons, were making a killing off it on the stock market and for some reason, changed the name from Wackenhut to something else. I found that out when researching the private prisons a few years back. Going on memory here, so I could be mistaken, but I don't think I am. 

Posted (edited)

Wackenhut (now absorbed by GS4) hired retiring/ets'ing combat arms military personnel heavily in the early 90's.  They primarily provided professional "security details" for government personnel of various countries in hot zones and "high net worth" individuals globally.  Later running for profit prisons getting paid on a per head per day basis (now you know why the Land of the Free (tm) has the highest incarceration rate in the world).  Contacts and some crossover into the mercenary/private army world.

Blackwater/XE/Academi -- some security work, generally just a nasty ass (very  well armed and supplied) private army populated by some of the meanest, most immoral psychopaths ever court martialed by any military  around the world.  Equipped like special ops teams and almost as well trained, these guys are useful for the work even the CIA can't afford to touch.  Also work for the same "high net worth" individuals that need a bit of wet work done and have the means to pay for it.  This is a division size military force complete with armored vehicles and it's own air force. 

Edited by Jostler
1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.