Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

This Is What a 130-Year-Old Pair of Jeans Looks Like

6 posts in this topic

Not in bad shape considering

How old is your oldest pair of jeans? (And, while we’re on the topic, when was the last time you washed them?) No matter your answer, Levi Strauss & Co. almost certainly has one on you.

To mark the 142-year anniversary of Levi’s 501 jeans, the apparel maker announced on Wednesday that its archives department had acquired a pair that dates back to the 1880s. And, despite the fact that they are one of the oldest pairs of jeans in existence, they look pretty good. “Except for wear marks and a few minor holes and tears, the pants, which date to around the 1880s, are pristine,” according to a Levi’s blog post on the acquisition.

Levi’s has named the duds the “New Nevada Jeans,” as they were discovered in the Silver State. They sport a few minor differences from the ubiquitous 501 model. “The yoke is narrower, and the leather patch is in the middle of the waistband, rather than on the right side,” according to the company.

http://time.com/3892745/old-levis-jeans/

ha - my bf would love them.  He is currently enthralled with cast iron pans (I mean how many can you have - he has 10 of them), cigars (has two huge coolers of them) and jeans.  He knows who manufactured them and where.  And he doesn't wash them for a looooong time.  He sticks them in a bag and puts in the freezer.  Drives me nuts.

i have a pair of faded gap denims..at least 15 years old. avoids washing less. never sees any of mine frozen.

ha - my bf would love them.  He is currently enthralled with cast iron pans (I mean how many can you have - he has 10 of them), cigars (has two huge coolers of them) and jeans.  He knows who manufactured them and where.  And he doesn't wash them for a looooong time.  He sticks them in a bag and puts in the freezer.  Drives me nuts.

​Why in the freezer?

Levi Strauss CEO Chip Bergh has some unusual style advice for 501 fans: Step away from the washing machine.

The denim honcho shared the words of wisdom this week at Fortune's Brainstorm Green conference in Laguna Niguel, California.

"These jeans are maybe a year old and these have yet to see a washing machine," he said of the pair he wore during a chat onstage. "I know that sounds totally disgusting."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/22/living/dont-wash-jeans-levis-ceo/

that is why people don't ;D

​"Jeans aficionados may be accustomed to hearing some unusual tips on keeping their denim products fresh. Advice ranges from spot cleaning jeans and never washing them to freezing them to kill any germs."

Ah, Thanks Rain. That is kinda gross. :rJwJ7w9:
Plus jeans stretch out and don't fit if they're not washed regularly unless you buy them super small but then they're uncomfortable the first half of the day.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.