Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Man with weapons and possible explosives arrested, said he was going to L.A. gay pride parade

3 posts in this topic

I guess its on.

Man with weapons and possible explosives arrested, said he was going to L.A. gay pride parade    

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

-

Authorities in Santa Monica found possible explosives as well as assault rifles and ammunition Sunday in the car of a man who told them he was in town for the L.A. Pride festival in West Hollywood, a law enforcement source said.

Early Sunday, there was a call to Santa Monica police of a suspected prowler near Olympic Boulevard and 11th Street. Patrol officers responded and encountered an individual who told officers he was waiting for a friend. That led officers to inspect the car and find several weapons and a lot of ammunition as well as tannerite, an ingredient that could be used to create a pipe bomb.

The car had Indiana plates. He made comments that he was in town for the Pride event in West Hollywood this weekend. Sources said they did not know of any connection between the gay nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla., early Sunday morning and the Santa Monica incident, and the investigation has been taken over by FBI.

Update! they are backpedaling!

THE LATEST: CHIEF: ARMED SUSPECT DID NOT SAY HE MEANT HARM

Doesn't matter, though. The "White guy wanted to kill gays too!" meme is already out there.

From AP:

"The Latest on the arrest of an armed man who told police he was heading to a gay pride parade (all times local):

6:15 p.m.

Santa Monica's police chief says she was incorrect when she said a heavily armed Indiana man told investigators he was headed to a gay pride parade in order to do harm.

Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said in a tweet to The Associated Press that her earlier statement on James Howell was inaccurate. The chief said Howell had only told police that he was going to the event known as LA Pride, and he did not say what he intended to do there.

Police say the 20-year-old Howell was arrested on Sunday morning in Santa Monica with three assault rifles, ammunition, and chemicals that can be used to make explosives.

The arrest came just a few hours after at least 50 people were shot and killed at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAY_PRIDE_EXPLOSIVES_ARREST_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-12-17-58-57

Posted (edited)

I already know something that I believe will happen, and I'll share it now. If you and your family are attacked on your own property, and you shoot and kill the intruder/intruders, normally that would be considered self-defence. Sadly, though, if you're white, you will be told you should have called the police without taking the law into your own hands. Because of your actions which will be soon signed into law, you will be listed as a domestic terrorist. You will go to prison for defending your family, and everything you own will be confiscated. That's what's coming next.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.