Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Antibiotic-resistant ‘super bacteria’ found in Rio Olympic venues, main beaches – report

3 posts in this topic

Highly dangerous and drug-resistant super bacteria have been found in major beaches and venues that will host swimming, canoe and rowing events at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, studies seen by Reuters say.

The first report was reviewed by researchers at the Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy in San Diego in September 2015, Reuters said. The study, yet to be published, claims microbes were detected at five of Rio's major beaches: Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Botafogo and Flamengo.

Copacabana, named as one of the major venues at the Rio Games, had 10 percent of samples contaminated. It is scheduled to host marathon swimming, cycling and triathlon. 

The researchers used water samples taken at beach locations between 2013 and 2014. All samples were positive for bacteria at Botafogo beach, while samples at Flamengo beach, a spectators’ venue during the Olympics, had 90-percent contamination in its waters. The samples from Ipanema and Leblon beaches tested positive for superbugs 50 and 60 percent of the time, respectively.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/news/346213-rio-olympic-venues-superbug/

Would someone please remind me why the Olympics are being held there?  First Zika and now this?  

I've been tempted to do a thread gathering all the latest announcements of new and fearful disease threats that have been announced just since the first of this year.  Elizabethkingia, mumps outbreaks (in which every victim had been vaccinated against mumps), measles outbreaks, tuberculosis, last week a new story  of a Hong Kong chicken farm euthanized due to the presence of bird flu.  Zika,  and on and on.  Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.  New instances of antibiotic proof veneral diseases, both syphillitic and gonhorrea.  There's more I can't recall...but all of it relates directly to the seals of Revelation.  Interesting days we live in.

52 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I've been tempted to do a thread gathering all the latest announcements of new and fearful disease threats that have been announced just since the first of this year.  Elizabethkingia, mumps outbreaks (in which every victim had been vaccinated against mumps), measles outbreaks, tuberculosis, last week a new story  of a Hong Kong chicken farm euthanized due to the presence of bird flu.  Zika,  and on and on.  Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.  New instances of antibiotic proof veneral diseases, both syphillitic and gonhorrea.  There's more I can't recall...but all of it relates directly to the seals of Revelation.  Interesting days we live in.

I can't stand being in crowds, even in stores to go shopping. I am not a germophobe but it just doesn't seem smart to be going to places where there are a lot of people, for many reasons. Maybe I'll pay that Amazon Fresh membership after all. lol  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.