Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Werewolf Cats

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Werewolf cats! Yes it's a thing.

Meet the newest genetic mutation of the cat world.

@Cinnamon @Jostler @Lucy Barnable - And all animal lovers.

:scream::damned:

facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/740194436122066/

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD
1 person likes this

What a neat looking cat!! I didn't believe the video, but sure enough, many pics online. Their behavior is impressed me the most. Said they behave like dogs. Very cool!!

This is awesome! But it makes you wonder where they came from and how it is happening at the same time all over the world.  Maybe there are a lot more mutations out there that no one has even noticed yet. 

I wonder if any genetic testing has been done to see just what makes them different?  Odd...

8 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I wonder if any genetic testing has been done to see just what makes them different?  Odd...

I read the wiki, it said they had done genetic testing and determined it was a natural genetic selection and not selective breeding. Alot of very interesting information on  these beautiful animals out there, said they started seeing them 20 years ago in VA and TN. Yes @Cinnamon there has to be many different species that haven't been discovered yet, I'm surprised, yet relieved, no one has caught a Bigfoot yet. 

16 minutes ago, Jostler said:

From the video they are saying that they are in the final registration process for the breed, that means with the CFA (Cat Fancier's Association).  CFA does not require genetic testing, here is what is required to get the breed registered.  CFA is the counterpart of the American Kennel Club (AKC) registrars.  

http://cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/org/breed-color-advancement.pdf

Whether anyone has taken it upon themselves to dna test, I am sure someone probably will, if for no other reason than curiosity.  I know I would. 

EDIT: Thx @Rustydog for the additional info on dna. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732657/Meet-coywolf-hybrid-wolf-coyote-taking-northeast-U-S.html

<snip>

It is a hybrid of a coyote and a wolf and has about 1/4 wolf DNA, 2/3 coyote DNA and the rest of its DNA comes from domesticated dogs.

<snip>

Here's a hybrid species that is recently showing up in different places. The Coywolf.  Bigger, stronger and faster than a coyote!  Hope they don't show up in my area, the coyotes are bad enough. 

Just now, Cinnamon said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732657/Meet-coywolf-hybrid-wolf-coyote-taking-northeast-U-S.html

<snip>

It is a hybrid of a coyote and a wolf and has about 1/4 wolf DNA, 2/3 coyote DNA and the rest of its DNA comes from domesticated dogs.

<snip>

Here's a hybrid species that is recently showing up in different places. The Coywolf.  Bigger, stronger and faster than a coyote!  Hope they don't show up in my area, the coyotes are bad enough. 

If those populations grow and they prove to have wolf type pack and hunting instincts, smallholders and their flocks could have some real issues.

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

<snip>

I've heard of these, there was talk of having to control them because they could hunt and eat out of their food chain. 

Just now, Rustydog said:

I've heard of these, there was talk of having to control them because they could hunt and eat out of their food chain. 

I can imagine 5 of those, if they hunted like wolves, taking down a 3 month old calf with no problem.  Sheep would be a snack.

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I can imagine 5 of those, if they hunted like wolves, taking down a 3 month old calf with no problem.  Sheep would be a snack.

When I was younger a guy up the street raised full blown wolves. They had to be kept in special enclosures with rooves so they didn't get out. That's my only interaction with a wolf, but I bet your right. I had an Akita that killed two sheep once, I had to buy the guy two sheep. It chased them into a pond and they drowned.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.