Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Appeals court says no conceal carry under 2nd amendment

19 posts in this topic

Federal appeals court said people do not have the right to carry concealed weapons under the 2nd amendment 

Ruling overturned a 2014 decisions in San Diego County

A federal appeals court said Thursday people do not have a right to carry concealed weapons in public under the 2nd Amendment.

An 11-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said law enforcement officials can require applicants for a concealed weapons permit to show they are in immediate danger or have another good reason for a permit beyond self-defense.

The decision overturned a 2014 ruling by a smaller 9th Circuit panel and came in a lawsuit over the denial of concealed weapons permits by a sheriff in San Diego County.

California generally prohibits people from carrying handguns in public without such a permit. State law requires applicants to show good moral character, have good cause and take a training course.

In San Diego County, the sheriff required applicants to show supporting documents such as restraining orders against possible attackers to show good cause for a permit. The requirement prompted a lawsuit by residents who were denied a permit.

http://www.fox23.com/news/federal-appeals-court-people-do-not-have-right-to-carry-concealed-weapons-in-public-under-2nd-amend/333329618

Feeling free yet? 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/09/appeals-court-rules-no-constitutional-right-to-carry-concealed-guns.html

Another link. :(

No doubt this is going to the Supremes, but it takes 4 judges to hear a case and other similar rulings have been denied a hearing at the Supreme Court level. 

Side note:  Lifetime as a sitting judge on the Supreme Court was a terrible idea! 

BS any time you walk out the door your life is in danger. That's my reasoning for carrying. I carry in hope I do not have to pull it out. I train for that same reason. But the libtards on the left who live in fantasy land just don't understand that. They also do not understand your God given right to defend yourself nor do they understand that when seconds count the cops are only minutes away. The police are just the clean up crew and it seems that red states understand this as there is less crime in states that allow cc or open carry.  Trump understands this and has even said some of what I said above and I feel he will not do what Killary wants to do and outright ban them. Cali has made the stupidest laws and policies the past few years and I reall feel bad for any one that's conservative that lives there as you can not express your constitutional rights with out some idiot infringing on your rights. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Groove said:

BS any time you walk out the door your life is in danger. That's my reasoning for carrying. I carry in hope I do not have to pull it out. I train for that same reason. But the libtards on the left who live in fantasy land just don't understand that. They also do not understand your God given right to defend yourself nor do they understand that when seconds count the cops are only minutes away. The police are just the clean up crew and it seems that red states understand this as there is less crime in states that allow cc or open carry.  Trump understands this and has even said some of what I said above and I feel he will not do what Killary wants to do and outright ban them. Cali has made the stupidest laws and policies the past few years and I reall feel bad for any one that's conservative that lives there as you can not express your constitutional rights with out some idiot infringing on your rights. 

I think it's pretty clear now that disarming of the public has nothing to do with the fluff they produce in their opinions in these cases.  There's a concerted effort to leave us vulnerable and unable to defend ourselves. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I think it's pretty clear now that disarming of the public has nothing to do with the fluff they produce in their opinions in these cases.  There's a concerted effort to leave us vulnerable and unable to defend ourselves. 

The question of Why? Always comes up in cases like this and my feeling are that this is being done on puropse. I mean seriously look around the world and see what's happening. I will not be bullied around and will defend myself if I have to with what ever tool is available. That's another thing a gun is a tool,that's it. If someone is intent on killing someone they will use what ever tool is available but no they don't use their brains and research anything, they go off their feelings and not facts. Truth is guns stop more crime than what is commited. 

Just now, Groove said:

The question of Why? Always comes up in cases like this and my feeling are that this is being done on puropse. I mean seriously look around the world and see what's happening. I will not be bullied around and will defend myself if I have to with what ever tool is available. That's another thing a gun is a tool,that's it. If someone is intent on killing someone they will use what ever tool is available but no they don't use their brains and research anything, they go off their feelings and not facts. Truth is guns stop more crime than what is commited. 

What you just said are straight up facts.  We all know that criminals in every single case of mass shootings have carefully chosen their targets as ones that are gun free zones.  The general libtard public believes in utopia, but the elites in charge believe in disarming people because it gives the state more power over you.  Every country that has been disarmed was not disarmed overnight, it was a process. Laws lay around on the books for years in many cases and are gradually enforced.  Gun control works, ask every dictator that ever lived. Venezuela was disarmed 4 years ago during the Chavez regime. Look at that place now, crime, starvation are rampant and I'm sure those who lost their guns are wishing they had them now.  Civility and chaos are only a very thin line apart.  We are on the verge of chaos in so many ways.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ugh I'm all out of green for everyone lol.

oop there they are lol. Time must have reset there some how. Hah. As of an hour ago I was out.  

Edited by Groove

4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Federal appeals court said people do not have the right to carry concealed weapons under the 2nd amendment 

Ruling overturned a 2014 decisions in San Diego County

A federal appeals court said Thursday people do not have a right to carry concealed weapons in public under the 2nd Amendment.

An 11-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said law enforcement officials can require applicants for a concealed weapons permit to show they are in immediate danger or have another good reason for a permit beyond self-defense.

*snipped*

Self-defense is not considered a valid enough reason in San Diego County... wow. The stupid is STRONG in California!

1 minute ago, RabidWolf said:

Self-defense is not considered a valid enough reason in San Diego County... wow. The stupid is STRONG in California!

Yes and stupid cannot be fixed! 

1 person likes this

You know, the Chief Judge for the 9th Circuit Court was a Bill Clinton appointee... 

9 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

You know, the Chief Judge for the 9th Circuit Court was a Bill Clinton appointee... 

Why does that not surprise me?  Hillary wants our guns bad, so looks like their leftover minions are still doing dirty work for the Clintons. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.