Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Target CEO Clings To Transgender Mixed-Sex Changing Room Plan, Despite $10 billion Loss

7 posts in this topic

Target’s CEO Brian Cornell refused to change course when confronted this week by shareholders who are alarmed by his expensive push for a transgender, mixed-sex changing-room policy that has helped wipe out almost 20 percent of the company’s value.

Cornell told the annual meeting of investors that the company intend to stick with the April 19 transgender policy — which requires its customers to use mixed-sex changing rooms and bathrooms — and he even insisted there has been no financial repercussions, despite a $10 billion Wall Street loss in the months since the policy was announced.

Cornell was pressed about the financial impact of the policy by investors, including Justin Danhof, the director of the National Center Free Enterprise Project.

“Target’s shareholder meeting was appalling from beginning to end,” Danhof said in a press release after the meeting.

Liberal corporate leaders such as Cornell throw around the words ‘diversity’ and ‘inclusion’ so much they are starting to lose their meaning. In addition to my question, two other shareholders also expressed concern over the company’s offensive bathroom policy. Cornell just kept repeating the same vacuous lines about diversity and inclusion. He doesn’t seem to get that he has offended the sensibilities of millions of Americans.

Danhof asked why Cornell claimed via the media that his pro-transgender policy is just like ordinary civil rights for black, and asked if Cornell thought everyone who stood against the store’s policy were like racists and were bigots.

The question is based on an interview the CEO gave to CNBC. “We’ve had a long history embracing diversity and inclusion. A couple weeks ago, one of our team members sent me a note reminding me that if we went back to the mid-60s, our company was one of the very first to use African-American models in their advertising, and back then, it wasn’t well received,” he said.

<snip>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/08/target-says-no-regrets-transgender-bathrooms-despite-10-billion-loss/

There HAS to be more to this than is meeting the eye.  Every corporation has one goal and one goal ONLY.  That is GROWTH. Nothing else matters to them, not community, not employees or anything else.  How long until the stockholders of Target throw this guy out on his butt?  Or is his interest in the company 51 percent?  Other than that, I see no reason why he is being allowed to run this company into the dirt with this ridiculous policy that has cost them 10 BILLION dollars in 7 weeks and is going to cost them a LOT more.  

They are on the forefront of the transgender issue, a testing ground in the private sector.  So what gives?  Is there a government payout somewhere that no one is talking about for the purpose of shoving this down all our throats?  

There is no way in hell Target is doing this because they give one crap about anyone, transgender or otherwise. 

I call CONSPIRACY!  This just isn't right in a business sense, forget the emotional garbage that's always tossed into it. Follow the money, or lack thereof. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I made a firm decision that I will NEVER spend another  dollar at Target, ever.  I don't care if they reverse this insanity and spend billions  more on public mea culpas.

I hope they do die and let a company that believes in trading more than social engineering take their place in the market.  But your point is well made Cinnamon.  It simply does not make sense at any level for a company to drive its own future into the dirt for the sake of a tiny, massively confused bit of pond scum fouling the surface of the human pond.

Edited by Jostler
1 person likes this

To clarify @Cinnamon's logic - which is absolutely correct

A business such as Target is not a very complicated organisation.  One could break that down to three basic elements (which also govern most things in life - even humans) 

1. > Inputs = these are from the environment in the form of resources or factors of production such as people, raw materials, capital, or information.

2. > Transformation processes = these are the actions taken by the organisation in order to produce the third item.

3. > Outputs = These are the profits, services and products for the people within the environment.

Now, the outputs determine the continued inputs and the inputs govern the transformation processes.  If you do not attract the correct amount of clients i.e. input capital then the transformation processes are flawed and the output is screwed. To a degree this is a viscous circle.

There is definitely something sinister going on here! 

1 person likes this

Good points, Cinnamon. 

Either:

1. Cornell knows something we don't, and a continued decline in revenue doesn't matter because it's the end of the road for all of us. 

Or.

2. Cornell is betting on American apathy and is willing to take a temporary cut in revenue in order to push his liberal anti-God agenda.

Or both.  

In the bathroom they have what they call a BABY CHANGING STATION.  So that means if you don't like your baby....

In a Target store, they are building a transgender bathroom. so that means if you don't like your sex...

6 hours ago, Jostler said:

I made a firm decision that I will NEVER spend another  dollar at Target, ever.  I don't care if they reverse this insanity and spend billions  more on public mea culpas.

Same here. I don't shop at Walmart so I used to go to Target for the little things...
Never again! I will not give my money to any business that supports this insanity.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.