Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Blue Cross Blue Shield Requests Whopping 60% Rate Hike In 2017 Thanks To Obamacare

12 posts in this topic

If you like your healthcare provider you can keep your healthcare provider… provided you pay a whopping 60% rate hike starting next year.

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Blue Cross Blue Shield has requested a60% rate increase in 2017 in Texas following complaints from the company that it is “losing money in the federal health exchanges because some customers have proven more costly to cover than anticipated.”

In other words, the cost of insuring people under the so-called “Affordable” Care Act is going to force prices to skyrocket to potentially unaffordable levels for everyone.

According to filings listed on healthcare.gov, Blue Cross and Blue Shield seeks increases between 57.33 percent and 59.35 percent for two of its Blue Advantage Plus plans. A Blue Advantage Health Maintenance Organization Plan is asking for a 58.6 percent hike…

In a country where the cost of living is going up on virtually all fronts but wages and jobs are not increasing, exactly who is going to be able to afford this insane rate hike? And that’s just to pay for the insurance in case you get sick…

According to the report, it is unclear what will happen if the rate hike request is not granted. When the same company requested a 51% increase in rates in New Mexico last year and the request was denied, the company simply withdrew all healthcare plans from the entire state.

It’s a domino effect. Obamacare is imploding the nation’s health care system.

<snip>

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/06/blue-cross-blue-shield-60-percent-rate-hike.html

If I knew I wouldn't have an ER visit in the next year, I'd cancel my health insurance, mine is going up 20 percent and I haven't even been to the doctor !  Guess I have to pay for everyone else's. I still might cancel it and pay the "taxes" for not having any insurance.  How the hell did I get roped into being forced to buy something from a private company or be fined (call it a tax but it's NOT!) for not buying it?  FASCISM! 

I paid the "tax" this last IRS season.

It was cheaper than the 347 a month.

I have been thinking about getting insurance again but the whole thing pisses me off.

1 person likes this

How much longer are we going to put up with this. Obama Care?

I can't afford this. Momma needs new glasses and baby new shoes. My car's tabs are due and I need one more drink. 

grrrrr...  many said this would be the result, it was all very predictable, so much so it's hard to believe it wasn't planned :/

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

grrrrr...  many said this would be the result, it was all very predictable, so much so it's hard to believe it wasn't planned :/

A conspiracy minded individual might indeed think it was planned to fail from the start.

In order to usher in a single payer system.

I prefer to think politicians aren't that devious.

Just now, VonLud said:

A conspiracy minded individual might indeed think it was planned to fail from the start.

In order to usher in a single payer system.

I prefer to think politicians aren't that devious.

oh my conspiracy goes a lot deeper than that :)  A single payer system would be FAR better than this.  I suspect this was one last gasp to siphon off as much wealth for the insurance companies, HMO's, and big pharma as possible via a mechanism designed to destroy the system.  They want the US, one of the last bulwarks against a global government destroyed...they want us in a condition we cannot possibly recover from economically or militarily for at least ten years.  By then they'll have been able to install the unbreakable control grid and (they believe) never face threat of revolution again.  They're wrong, but they won't realize that until a lot of havoc hs been wreaked on this planet.

Obama care was never a serious attempt to provide health care for Americans.  It began with the goal of transferring as much wealth as possible while sowing more seeds of destruction and it's serving its purpose quite well.

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

oh my conspiracy goes a lot deeper than that :)  A single payer system would be FAR better than this.  I suspect this was one last gasp to siphon off as much wealth for the insurance companies, HMO's, and big pharma as possible via a mechanism designed to destroy the system.  They want the US, one of the last bulwarks against a global government destroyed...they want us in a condition we cannot possibly recover from economically or militarily for at least ten years.  By then they'll have been able to install the unbreakable control grid and (they believe) never face threat of revolution again.  They're wrong, but they won't realize that until a lot of havoc hs been wreaked on this planet.

Obama care was never a serious attempt to provide health care for Americans.  It began with the goal of transferring as much wealth as possible while sowing more seeds of destruction and it's serving its purpose quite well.

One would think this has been the largest boon ever for the insurance companies.

However, I am puzzled by the withdrawal of major players.

This week, UnitedHealth Group, America’s largest health insurer, announced that it had sustained heavy losses in selling insurance on the Obamacare exchanges and that it might be forced to pull out of the exchanges altogether. The news from other insurers is not much better. Aetna, Anthem, and Cigna, three of UnitedHealth’s biggest competitors, will no longer offer exchange coverage in a number of counties across the country, which could be a sign that they’ll retrench even further in the future.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/11/unitedhealth_group_sustaining_heavy_losses_is_obamacare_doomed.html

United has since pulled out completely.

Do you think it will collapse sooner rather than later?

Although, I thought I heard you say society won't make it past July.

My health care plan at work, went up April first.. The end result the $25 dollar a week increase for a small 2 cent per mile hike, became a -$45 dollar decrease in my weekly pay...

Just now, VonLud said:

Do you think it will collapse sooner rather than later?

Although, I thought I heard you say society won't make it past July.

Date setting is a mug's game but yes, I do feel things have come to a head.  There is a lot piled up between us and November and I personally don't believe we will make it that far without  life changing events intervening.  I'm going to be watching next week very closely because there may be some financial stuff shaping up in serious ways. 

ISIS is a US creation and US proxy in the middle east.  I suspect that proxy army is about to be turned loose on US soil as well...just remember who armed, trained and therefore "owns" ISIS when they show up here.  And I'm concerned that may be coming sooner than later as well.

If we make it to July without one of these many powderkegs going off I will be surprised

They tore down the efficient Charity Hospital in Baton Rouge. Now the uninsured free sh*t army goes to regular clinics and hospitals, which pass along the costs to you-know-who. Hold on. That ain't good enough. They now want new facilities built close to home, so they don't have to take the little free buses to ride to get free medical. And dental. 

1 person likes this

I guess you all know that they're floating the idea of charging taxes on employer contributions to your healthcare packages?  Right now they don't charge people tax on what the employer pays for premiums on your behalf, they take your gross pay, deduct what you pay out for insurance and you pay taxes on what's left over.  If they start doing this, people are going to not only be furious, they're going to lose a whole lot more of their disposable income to the spendthrifts in government and this will have a huge impact on the economy! The employer contributions would be taxed as if you had received the healthcare benefits as cash.  

:JSfrXsb:

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

If I knew I wouldn't have an ER visit in the next year, I'd cancel my health insurance, mine is going up 20 percent and I haven't even been to the doctor !  Guess I have to pay for everyone else's. I still might cancel it and pay the "taxes" for not having any insurance.  How the hell did I get roped into being forced to buy something from a private company or be fined (call it a tax but it's NOT!) for not buying it?  FASCISM! 

This is NUTS Cinn!

Everyone pays, Everyone pays.

Damn, Mafia shakedown is what this is.

-

19 minutes ago, grav said:

They tore down the efficient Charity Hospital in Baton Rouge. Now the uninsured free sh*t army goes to regular clinics and hospitals, which pass along the costs to you-know-who. Hold on. That ain't good enough. They now want new facilities built close to home, so they don't have to take the little free buses to ride to get free medical. And dental. 

Sorry to hear that, I'm so sick and tired of this *!#$@

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.