Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Site Suggestions

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have been sitting on this for a while, so here goes.

Just think of something be creative, think of something fun that could be added to the forum.

NOTE - This does not mean shep will program it in, just a thread to put ideas out there.

NOTE to that NOTE - We may need to pour cash into the site for certain features, possibly. TIME IS MONEY - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

MAKE THEM REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!   :laugh:

-

Make something like the @ Tagging system.

A hash tag system, If you are a flat earther and you want to be alerted to  #FlatEarth Threads that are created - or Someone REALLY wants to show you a video or some new post/info, then you will be alerted/notified. It would be a work in progress, maybe an option to block someone who uses all the friggin time for no reason.

You could be alerted to as many as you want, but it would NOT BE SUGGESTED for spamming avoidance purposes.

A set Prelist, keep it small. 5 - 10 - 15?

We don't need a bunch of retarded #Thisisfreakingstupid or made up hash tags.

-

Do something with the Rep Points - I wish there was Red Rep points though, but whatever.

A rep point shop.

Where you can buy Emotes, ect. Maybe after you reach 100 or 500 or whatever the heck, you could have a custom one that YOU can only use personally.

Not sure how Animated Gifs would work ATM.

Problem - There may be multiple account abuse to "stat pad" or "rep pad" in this case. Which should be a Spankable / bannable offense of some kind.

Red point shop!

Cuz your on the CINNAMONS NAUGHTY LIST!

You can buy negative / devilish themed emotes, animated gifs, ect. =3 - teehee - ↻(=`〜´=)个

Crowd source emote / animated gif / whatever

Everyone pitches in their points to buy something for the site?

Dunno how that would work!?

5 and to Infinity and Beyond!

I don't know - I'll think of something later, haha

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

8 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I have been sitting on this for a while, so here goes.

Just think of something be creative, think of something fun that could be added to the forum.

NOTE - This does not mean shep will program it in, just a thread to put ideas out there.

NOTE to that NOTE - We may need to pour cash into the site for certain features, possibly. TIME IS MONEY - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

MAKE THEM REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!   :laugh:

-

Make something like the @ Tagging system.

A hash tag system, If you are a flat earther and you want to be alerted to  #FlatEarth Threads that are created - or Someone REALLY wants to show you a video or some new post/info, then you will be alerted/notified. It would be a work in progress, maybe an option to block someone who uses all the friggin time for no reason.

You could be alerted to as many as you want, but it would NOT BE SUGGESTED for spamming avoidance purposes.

A set Prelist, keep it small. 5 - 10 - 15?

We don't need a bunch of retarded #Thisisfreakingstupid or made up hash tags.

-

Do something with the Rep Points - I wish there was Red Rep points though, but whatever.

A rep point shop.

Where you can buy Emotes, ect. Maybe after you reach 100 or 500 or whatever the heck, you could have a custom one that YOU can only use personally.

Not sure how Animated Gifs would work ATM.

Problem - There may be multiple account abuse to "stat pad" or "rep pad" in this case. Which should be a Spankable / bannable offense of some kind.

Red point shop!

Cuz your on the CINNAMONS NAUGHTY LIST!

You can buy negative / devilish themed emotes, animated gifs, ect. =3 - teehee - ↻(=`〜´=)个

Crowd source emote / animated gif / whatever

Everyone pitches in their points to buy something for the site?

Dunno how that would work!?

5 and to Infinity and Beyond!

I don't know - I'll think of something later, haha

I can do the tagging now as standard, I can also add a setting for notifications for these. I can customize alerts/notifications to users who want them also. BUT i've just tested the look of it and it does indeed flood the main page. Looks horrid with tags on thread titles. I guess i could remove those though. Will look at it in the future.

Rep is rep it wont be changing. BUT it may be removed fully one day. Dependent on whether or not i am able to create a functioning points system. Already working on it. You would get points when you post, do stuff, get pinned. Lose them when you get warned etc etc. Then be able to top those points to members if you want or hoard them for use on unspecified features. Like pinning a thread? or buying a subscription. All to be looked at further in the future.

Which is also leading me to the next point! something i have been brainstorming for the future. I had a vision of this site possibly being owned by the users for a long time. That is full of issues but one path is to work that into the points system. And have a mini stock market type affair. Users can use points or real money to then buy whats on the market for a share of the income made on the site. Every 6 months. Users can then own the site through the site and gain dividends for doing so. :D sounds different don't it.

Alas nothing in set in stone and i am just brainstorming :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.