Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
toast

Today at work regarding satellite radio.

11 posts in this topic

The satellite radio in a truck I was working on, was working inside the shop.

This has never happened before in my years of experience working on cars.

I pulled the truck in, the satellite radio was on, as soon as I pulled in the radio went off, as expected.

But when I went to get back in the truck and pull it out, the radio was on, working perfectly fine, all the way out the door and to the parking spot.

Shouldn't this be impossible?

I wouldn't doubt that Sirius or XM radio has the capabilities of tracking your every move.  But then there's also the same vehicles equipped with OnStar.  Usually, the satellite radios cut out under bridges and overpasses, because the short waveform of the signal just can't get through.  

Anytime I pull a car into the shop with the satellite radio on the reception always cuts out. Sometimes inside the shop with the key on the sat radio will cut in and out, but I've never been able to listen to sat radio inside the shop.

One of the 3radio stations I listen to went out yesterday about 4pm never came back on. This was on Am radio and in the city 

1 hour ago, JustATrucker said:

One of the 3radio stations I listen to went out yesterday about 4pm never came back on. This was on Am radio and in the city 

Have you tried to Google search to see if maybe they moved to different frequency?? That is odd! Did you happen to catch some kind of sign off?? Or just went to static in the middle of programming??

7 hours ago, toast said:

Shouldn't this be impossible?

It's been many years since I had anything to do with satellite communications but AFAIK satcomms should all be "line of sight".   Is it possible a satellite low on the horizon managed to poke a signal through an  18 foot door?  If you're talking about a big shop suitable for working  on semi tractors that has a large door like that, it could be an explanation.  Dunno, guessing of course :)

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

It's been many years since I had anything to do with satellite communications but AFAIK satcomms should all be "line of sight".   Is it possible a satellite low on the horizon managed to poke a signal through an  18 foot door?  If you're talking about a big shop suitable for working  on semi tractors that has a large door like that, it could be an explanation.  Dunno, guessing of course :)

That is possible. What came to my mind was some kind of weird atmospheric conditions, but I most certainly am no expert on this sort of thing. I wonder if it was a newer sat radio setup?? Maybe they have improved the technology somewhat??

Posted (edited)

hahah...I wasn't willing to speculate along those lines and still don't claim to have any real reason to.  But, I'm very convinced there have been advances in almost everything related to any form of electro-magnetic transmission and I'm always looking for "clues" they're being put into operation.

I am very, very familiar with HAARP and a few other kinds of research that specifically targeted atmospheric lensing and other ways of bouncing/transmitting signals.  Yesterday something odd happened with electronic traffic all across the US.  No clue what was really going on or if this is somehow related to that odd phone/internet outage the MSM never even really reported on.

I know they've been studying using surface or space based transmitters being used to excite the ionosphere at specific freqencies, which in turn set up frequencies in the telluric currents (inside the earth).   Those telluric currents in their natural state are EXTREMELY low frequency.  Ways to heterodyne that telluric frequency with a much higher  frequency have been studied.  I dunno if they've succeeded, but if they do, they have the capability of turning the earth itself into an unjammable, global "radio".  I suspect they have succeeded.

This anecdote is certainly not anything like proof, but that's what is in the back of my mind ...

Edited by Jostler

11 hours ago, Rustydog said:

Anytime I pull a car into the shop with the satellite radio on the reception always cuts out. Sometimes inside the shop with the key on the sat radio will cut in and out, but I've never been able to listen to sat radio inside the shop.

It was working, perfectly fine in the shop. I double checked to make sure it was still on sirius and not local radio.

Makes me question the true abilities and techniques involved in this "satellite" technology.

10 hours ago, Jostler said:

Regular size automotive shops, we can't pull tractors in, just your size average cars and trucks.

10 hours ago, Rustydog said:

Have you tried to Google search to see if maybe they moved to different frequency?? That is odd! Did you happen to catch some kind of sign off?? Or just went to static in the middle of programming??

They were up and running this morning.. I think they had a malfunction. Right before the station went out, there was all kinds of weird noise and static... Even after a hr right before I left my yard for home, they were still off..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.