Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Talon

Military Drone Crashes in Man’s Backyard

3 posts in this topic

Last week a military drone from Fort Carson Army base crashed in a man’s backyard. The RQ-11 Raven drone landed in Ronald Fisk’s yard near downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Fisk claimed that “It was like a remote-control airplane with a 3-foot wingspan…There were lights flashing on it and a big camera on the front.”

“It looked very expensive and I couldn’t figure out who owned it,” he said. “So I wrote my telephone number on a piece of paper because the camera was moving and held it in front of the camera thinking someone would call me if they wanted it back.”

Officers came and retrieved the drone, and Fort Carson took responsibility.

According to local news site KRDO:

In a written statement, Fort Carson officials told KRDO NewsChannel 13 that the drone was flying in support of increased security measures on Fort Carson when the operator lost communication with it. The drone did not cause any damage or injuries and was flying in compliance with all FAA regulations, according to Fort Carson.

What is the significance of this? It’s a minor invasion into a person’s privacy rights, but it illustrates something important: the military is flying surveillance drones over populated areas while claiming these encroachments are accidental. With leak after leak showing the US government’s willingness to undermine our civil liberties and privacy rights, it’s hard to believe that surveillance drones flying over neighborhoods are simply accidents.

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/05/military-drone-crashes-in-mans-backyard.html

1 person likes this

OH man, what an opportunity wasted, I can imagine a thousand messages to hold up to that camera! 8-) Ok, they would likely have gotten me disappeared. :chuckle:

OH man, what an opportunity wasted, I can imagine a thousand messages to hold up to that camera! 8-) Ok, they would likely have gotten me disappeared. :chuckle:

​Im not well informed on the capabilities of these drones but do they stream all the data or do they store it..... Because i for one would have took the footage on it if possible and took a look at what they were doing. Spying on civilians?

Edited by ukshep

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.