Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Police check points, what to do

24 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Great video!! I know firsthand the scam these people run. Without getting too much into it, I had a brand new, in 09, Mustang GT stolen from me by the state of WV. The reason they do this is if they were to find substantial drugs in your vehicle they have a legal standing to seize it from you.  If I had known my rights things may have turned out different. Why wouldn't they search your vehicle if there is even a remote chance that they can profit off of it. This seizure practice needs to stop!! If you have committed a crime and they can prove it in court then jail time should be the penalty. If I had exercised my 4th amendment rights then went in front of a jury things may well have been very different for me. But they slapped me with a no bond warrant, knowing I had no chance of getting out. Indicted me on 3 felonies facing 3-30 years for 2.5 lbs of pot that the person  I was giving a ride to had in his backpack. After four months of thinking about 15 years in prison, for the very first time I've even been in legal trouble, I was ready to give them whatever they wanted if they were going to let me out. The whole thing was a setup to steal that car from me. It's being used to this day as a DARE car in Morgan County WV. I saw it in a parade a few years back. My only crime was hanging out with the wrong people and I paid dearly for it. I wish I knew my rights back then, they won't catch me slipping again!!

Posted (edited)

Just now, Rustydog said:

...My only crime was hanging out with the wrong people and I paid dearly for it. I wish I knew my rights back then, they won't catch me slipping again!!

As you found out the hard way, here's a more recent record of the price not knowing our rights can cost:

Law enforcement took more stuff from people than burglars did last year

But for the grace of God, there go I.  It's sad today's reality has placed us in an adversarial relationship to law enforcement officials, but it's a fact.  A fact we can no longer afford to take lightly.

Edited by Jostler
2 people like this

Eat roach,always wear seatbelt and dont say shiit!!!

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, yaknow said:

While very sound advice eating 2.5 lbs of marijuana with a county police officer stareing at you is not a good idea, for many different reasons. I don't associate with such people anymore, so no need to worry

42 minutes ago, Jostler said:

As you found out the hard way, here's a more recent record of the price not knowing our rights can cost:

Law enforcement took more stuff from people than burglars did last year

But for the grace of God, there go I.  It's sad today's reality has placed us in an adversarial relationship to law enforcement officials, but it's a fact.  A fact we can no longer afford to take lightly.

I wonder what rights I gave away by pleading guilty to these crimes?? They violated my probation for not showing up after they seized my only ride and I wound up doing 1.5 years for this anyway. But I wonder if I still have the right to sue them for violating my 4th amendment right?? I know pleading guilty did away with any right to appeal my conviction, but my civil rights violations is a separate incident, at least I think so.

Rusty I have no clue.  I'm not a lawyer but frankly I think the point is moot now.  I seriously doubt our criminal courts will dispense anything like justice in the foreseeable future.  I am seriously doubtful this structure will survive much longer even in its corrupted form.  You're most likely better off just spending your energy on preparing for the future.  I am deeply saddened by your story, but letting it go may well serve your own interests better at this point than spending wealth on an uphill battle against a corrupt and hostile adversary that has a lot more resources than you do.  My opinion...FWIW

Just now, yaknow said:

hahaha!  short, sweet, to the point :)  Why can't lawyers use such plain language?

@Rustydog

Sadly I agree with @Jostler.  Our court system is rigged, and not in our favor.  You got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.  You did time for having a dried plant in your vehicle.  You lost part of your life (and your 09 gt, one of the better looking years I might add) and will never get it back.  It sucks man.  

All for a plant that the gov says is a schedule 1 drug alongside the likes of heroin and lsd... lol.  

Sorry man.  But Jostler is right, spend your remaining resources preparing for the future.  These are perilous times we have found ourselves in.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.