Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

One dead after Navy Blue Angel jet crashes in Smyrna

9 posts in this topic

SMYRNA — One person has been reported dead after a U.S. Navy Blue Angels jet crashed after takeoff during a practice flight around 3 p.m. Thursday, according to a county fire dispatcher.

A fireball and thick black plume of smoke from the crash could be seen just beyond the runway at Smyrna Airport and from Interstate 24.

The identity of the pilot or injury information was not immediately available. A U.S. Navy spokesman confirmed about 3:30 p.m. that a Blue Angel jet was involved in an incident.

<snip>

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/06/02/navy-blue-angel-jet-crashes-smyrna/85308972/

Posted (edited)

As a kid, my Uncle used to take me every 4th of July to see their airshow here in NYC. They used to fly out over the water and just off shore at the beach. They were really something to watch!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

The downed Thunderbird had just overflown Obama's address to the Air Force Academy's graduating class minutes before it crashed.  At least the pilot got out of that one.  I just wish he'd bailed a just a wee few minutes earlier :)

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

The downed Thunderbird had just overflown Obama's address to the Air Force Academy's graduating class minutes before it crashed.  At least the pilot got out of that one.  I just wish he'd bailed a just a wee few minutes earlier :)

Any reason why Obama was there?  Does he even really care about the recruits?  What screwy advice does he have to give them?  Did Obama find a way to slip a detonation device on it somewhere, when someone wasn't looking?  Actually the overlapping TFRs for both him and the Air Force Academy shows that they intended to have high speed activity over the graduation, so probably nothing he did, but it sure sounds like something he'd do.  I'm sure the crash made his day, death follows him all the days of his life, and makes the rest of us live in mortgaged homes forever.  Hmm...little messiah doesn't even want people getting so close as to worship the ground he walks on.  

Edited by counterintelligence

I have no clue why he would want to address any of the Academies.  I can't imagine the audience at any of them would be welcoming him with warm fuzzies.  He probably chose that venue because he could be certain nobody would openly boo his speech :/  Captive audiences are one way to make sure someone shows up at all.

43 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I have no clue why he would want to address any of the Academies.  I can't imagine the audience at any of them would be welcoming him with warm fuzzies.  He probably chose that venue because he could be certain nobody would openly boo his speech :/  Captive audiences are one way to make sure someone shows up at all.

Death follow's prez Osama wherever he goes.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.