Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

GLADE Air Freshener kills bugs

5 posts in this topic

GLADE Air Freshener kills bugs .

Living in NE Iowa; Is now a ant, tick, flea, chigger, etc., time of the year . I had an invasion of ants in my truck camper and I "accidentally" grabbed the Glade air freshener . Where I normally keep a can of ant spray .

Well, low and behold, I sprayed the ants and they keeled over and died in 2 to 3 seconds . Then I noticed I grabbed the air freshener by mistake . It kills moths, any flying insect also .

Now...if this kills bugs in an extremely short period of time, what the heck is in this stuff that we've been breathing in our lungs for, well, as far back as I can remember .

Yeah, it smells a whole lot better than bug spray that is on the market, but gosh...this stuff kills everything it touches!

So now you can add, not just smoking, to the list of something causing lung/breathing problems, you can now add Glade Air Freshener !

I found this post in regards to the ingredients of Glade Air Freshener .

Glade Air Freshener: Poster Child for Toxic Secrets

May 20, 2013

Keeping their fragrance ingredients a secret!

Air freshener seems to be more and more prevalent in our society these days.  One market analysis forecast that home fragrance sales would reach $6 billion by 2012. I was unable to find an exact sales number for last year, but I have no doubt that it’s a shockingly high number, given the staggering array of air freshening devices available in the supermarket aisle. Aerosols, sprays, candles, plug-ins, oils, time releasers, each with dozens of different scents to choose from – the options are almost overwhelming.

“So, what’s the problem with all these fragranced air fresheners?” you ask. THIS is the problem: fragrance can be made up of more than 100 chemicals, most of which are synthetic, and some of these chemicals are harming our health.

Read the whole write here : https://www.momsrising.org/blog/glade-air-freshener-poster-child-for-toxic-secrets

I realized some time ago that Glade is a dangerous item.  I had a visitor with asthma who nearly pegged because of this stuff.  I try and use natural air freshener -  apple and lemon mixed in a small bowl works wonders - if you care for the smell, you could even add a bit of cinnamon (no pun intended) :tongue:.  There are other makes available here - Woolworths have their own house-brand which they reckon is safe - and they normally have it spot on.

Great post and imagine what was in it 20 yes ago when I noticed the same thing.. Mr sheen also!

Yea I noticed that a long time ago doing the same thing, grabbing the wrong can and spraying some fruit flys. After they died I noticed the can and was just like wtf? Then started looking at the Chems inside.  I dont remember which ones tho that kill the bugs but definitely can't be that safe to us. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.