Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

END WAR: "War Is A Racket" By Major General Smedley Butler, USMC (MIRROR)

8 posts in this topic

THE BUSINESS PLOT TO OVERTHROW ROOSEVELT

In the summer of 1933, shortly after Roosevelt's "First 100 Days," America's richest businessmen were in a panic. It was clear that Roosevelt intended to conduct a massive redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor. Roosevelt had to be stopped at all costs.

The answer was a military coup. It was to be secretly financed and organized by leading officers of the Morgan and Du Pont empires. This included some of America's richest and most famous names of the time

2 people like this

About an hour's worth to take in, busy watching Patton. I'll check it after I take a break.

TO HELL WITH WAR!

Thanks, Cinn. This is a great thread. We are about to "take" Fallujah for the third time, I think. And our Iraqi allies will be with us. Whatever. These Middle East wars have gone on for how long now? 20 years or more? And the rag-tag Islamists are holding out. It's just like Vietnam. And Korea. The US is always at war. And we allow it to happen. 

There are no good wars. WWI and II were also about profiting and reducing the Dickensian surplus population. Will it ever end? Patton loved war. This general loved life. We need more military men like him. 

15 minutes ago, grav said:

TO HELL WITH WAR!

Thanks, Cinn. This is a great thread. We are about to "take" Fallujah for the third time, I think. And our Iraqi allies will be with us. Whatever. These Middle East wars have gone on for how long now? 20 years or more? And the rag-tag Islamists are holding out. It's just like Vietnam. And Korea. The US is always at war. And we allow it to happen. 

There are no good wars. WWI and II were also about profiting and reducing the Dickensian surplus population. Will it ever end? Patton loved war. This general loved life. We need more military men like him. 

I ran across Butler's writing when I first got into CT. It had a lot to do with opening my eyes about what war really means.  It's a shame more people don't know.  Prescott Bush was among those that tried to pull of the coup back then.  He's been involved in everything from that to funding the Nazis during WW2 through Union Banking Corporation, yet, 2 more Bush members ended up in the White House and another as the Florida governor.  We're not supposed to judge with guilt by association, but it's just like profiling, why ignore facts that lead to the logical conclusion.  However, I wonder if the coup had taken place, if Communist/Marxism would be here like it is today with two blatant ones on the ballot for president? It doesn't really matter I guess, because it all leads to Totalitaranism anyway, no matter which jackass is in charge.  

I always wonder what it would be like if they declared war and no one showed up to fight.  

Gen. Butler must have had some truly amazing tales to tell!! Even before the attempted coup he was out in foreign lands democratizing any countries who might have had resources we wanted, or leaders who weren't part of the elitist's crime syndicate. He wrote a book, or it may be the pamphlet @Cinnamon posted above, where he talks about going into foreign countries and forcibly removing elected leaders and seeing after a sock puppet figurehead. The banana Republic comes to mind, I'd need a refresher. Great post, fascinating material!!

Opps Banana wars, Kinda the same, but not really

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.