Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malevolent

The food / diet conspiracy

8 posts in this topic

Everyday you read about some new confounded diet or eating plan or even food stuff etc.  For a long time, even your local GP told you about the bad SALT and what it will do to you.  We had this thing with Margarine / imitation butter-spreads and the real deal - butter.  We were told never drink or use full cream milk.  Don't eat this and don't eat that.  People are born with allergies, more and more.  By 2050 you could probably rob a bank by presenting a bag of peanuts!

We are being mislead, misinformed and purposefully lied to by many!

I refuse to eat margarine - it has the same DNA as paint!  It will never get mouldy (moldy) it does not attract flies or any other insects except those that accidentally fall into it. I eat heaps of peanut butter - its wholesome and good for you!  I will never even attempt to drink so called fat-free milk - I can image Dennis the Menace being upset if Mrs Wilson gave him watered-down milk and cookies baked with no salt and margarine.  He'd probably wreck the garden and car of the Wilsons in 2 seconds flat!

Just one case - SALT

2 people like this

2 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

Everyday you read about some new confounded diet or eating plan or even food stuff etc.  For a long time, even your local GP told you about the bad SALT and what it will do to you.  We had this thing with Margarine / imitation butter-spreads and the real deal - butter.  We were told never drink or use full cream milk.  Don't eat this and don't eat that.  People are born with allergies, more and more.  By 2050 you could probably rob a bank by presenting a bag of peanuts!

We are being mislead, misinformed and purposefully lied to by many!

I refuse to eat margarine - it has the same DNA as paint!  It will never get mouldy (moldy) it does not attract flies or any other insects except those that accidentally fall into it. I eat heaps of peanut butter - its wholesome and good for you!  I will never even attempt to drink so called fat-free milk - I can image Dennis the Menace being upset if Mrs Wilson gave him watered-down milk and cookies baked with no salt and margarine.  He'd probably wreck the garden and car of the Wilsons in 2 seconds flat!

Just one case - SALT

After back surgery,  i gained a lot of weight.  To lose it, my doctor suggested Atkins.  None of it sounded correct compared to what the official word on nutrition was. No milk, use heavy cream.  No margarine, use real butter. Increase salt intake,  increase water, tea, etc. Eat all the meat and most vegetables you want (no corn, sweet potatoes,  potatoes, beans, legumes etc) the only fruit allowed  in phase 1 are lemons and limes. Take a multi vitamin and fosh oil every day.  No bread, cook the meat and veggies any way you want, soiced any way you want,  except breaded. Eat real cheese and no processed foods.

Over the course of time,  you reintroduce carbs like fruit and vegetables,  rice and pasta, etc if you want.  

I  lost over 50 pounds, never went back to my old ways of eating and have never felt better since I was in my 20s. Energy,  stamina etc all increased.  

I said all that to say this: you're right about eating real foods over the newest fads. When you break Atkins down and study it, it's exactly what you are teaching your body to do again.  Now, I can eat what I want,  and do so. I'm just particular about what that is. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

By 2050 you could probably rob a bank by presenting a bag of peanuts!

:lol_alpha: That's true. I read somewhere that peanut allergies are triggered by vaccines.

1 person likes this

@octopus prime

True, most diets are bullsh!t.  They actually tell the cells that there is famine and then the cells go into hording - long story.

I eat what ever I want in small portions up to 8 times a day.  I never overload my stomach.  I try and stay away from starches especially pasta and bread - but in very small portions.

I have weighed myself for the past four years - every morning without fail and recorded it in excel - I have not deviated by more than a kilo (2 pounds) in the for years.  The average deviation is .5 kilo and that is it.  But I eat basically what you describe as Atkins. 

1 person likes this

Can you tell a 1% milk cow from a whole milk cow? The skim and low fat products are further processed and the body digests them differently. Fat is not the enemy unless it's soybean oil, partially hydrogenated oil or any of the rancid crap used in processing. The brain needs fat to function properly!!

Just now, YourMom2 said:

Can you tell a 1% milk cow from a whole milk cow? The skim and low fat products are further processed and the body digests them differently. Fat is not the enemy unless it's soybean oil, partially hydrogenated oil or any of the rancid crap used in processing. The brain needs fat to function properly!!

get a gurnsey or a jersey, don't let any heat near that precious milk and drink ALL of it :)  3.5% fat being defined as "whole" is so off it's ludicrous.  A good milk cow not genetically designed for volume will give 6% milk or better.  Enough fat for cheese and icecream PLUS some good full bodied drinkin' stock :)

and butter!  :)  good old pure white butter, not that dyed crap they sell in stores :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.