Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Third way: Libertarians elect Gary Johnson as presidential nominee

9 posts in this topic

Gary Johnson, a former New Mexico governor, has won the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination at the party convention in Orlando, Florida. Former Massachusetts governor, William Weld, got the third party’s vice president nomination.

TrendsUS Elections 2016

Johnson secured his nomination after receiving 55.8 percent of the vote. He was followed by Austin Peterson of Missouri, with 23 percent and John McAfee, developer of early commercial anti-virus software with 14 percent.

“I’ve always said, it’s your hard work … your work has gotten us to this point,” Johnson said in his acceptance speech. “I will work as hard as I can to represent all you in this room.”

The convention also selected former Massachusetts GOP Governor William Weld as the party’s vice president, after he secured 50.6 percent in the second round of vote over Larry Sharpe, a businessman who runs a company called “Neo-Sage” that offers executive coaching and management consulting.

“I think every day I become better a Libertarian,” he said Sunday. “I remain open to suggestions.”

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/344797-libertarian-nominee-gary-johnson/

Since hardly anyone even realizes he's running, I thought I'd post this. 

There is a bigger chance of hell freezing over than for the Libertarian party to make any significant inroads.  Sadly it is a two-horse race with more skulduggery than a drug-lord convention.  Oops! there has been speculation in the past of drug running....... 

2 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

There is a bigger chance of hell freezing over than for the Libertarian party to make any significant inroads.  Sadly it is a two-horse race with more skulduggery than a drug-lord convention.  Oops! there has been speculation in the past of drug running....... 

Still, Johnson has my vote.  So that's one.

2 hours ago, octopus prime said:

I mean no disrespect Bro, but it so happens that the current situation is controlled by the two main parties, ably assisted by the MSM where they stand to gain; sadly so.

The Libertarian Party has very noble principles but in today's dog eat dog world it will not work, simply because it is totally contrary to what the establishment want.

5 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

I mean no disrespect Bro, but it so happens that the current situation is controlled by the two main parties, ably assisted by the MSM where they stand to gain; sadly so.

The Libertarian Party has very noble principles but in today's dog eat dog world it will not work, simply because it is totally contrary to what the establishment want.

I  hear you and agree.  However,  the establishment can go pound sand up their backsides for all i care. Republicans and Democrats? Who needs them?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, octopus prime said:

You can probably add the 1.25+ million votes Johnson got during the 2012 election along with the moderate republicans and democrats who look at this Trump & Hillary Show as reality TV gone wrong. lol

If Trump picked Ron Paul for running mate he wouldn't be beat.

I knew an old man called Donald

who made the republicans squabble

He declined to hump

Old Hillary's rump

Which made her flap her wattle.

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, RabidWolf said:

You can probably add the 1.25+ million votes Johnson got during the 2012 election along with the moderate republicans and democrats who look at this Trump & Hillary Show as reality TV gone wrong. lol

For what it's worth,  libertarian registration is up

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281296-libertarian-registration-fundraising-spikes-dramatically

But beginning in early 2016, as the contours of the Republican and Democratic races began took shape, new membership began creeping upward to 148 in January, 323 in February, 546 in March, 706 in April, and now 1,292 in the first three weeks of May alone.

5% of the popular vote is the goal. 

Edited by octopus prime

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.