Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Attention Tor and VPN users

12 posts in this topic

You may already know of this

Tor and VPN users will be target of government hacks under new spying rule

Posted May 2 2016

We had reported a landmark judgement by the United States Supreme Court, which will give FBI powers to hack any computer in the world using a single warrant. The same judgement contains a innocuous para related to Tor and VPN users.

The newly approved rule change by the U.S. Supreme Court will allow FBI to search and seize any computer around the world, found to be using privacy tools like VPN or Tor. The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday quietly approved a rule change to Rule No.41, that would allow a federal magistrate judge to issue a search and seizure warrant for any target using anonymity software like Tor to browse the internet.

Read the whole post here : http://www.techworm.net/2016/05/tor-vpn-users-labeled-criminals-hacked-spied-fbi-new-law.html

I confess I use both Tor and a VPN so this means the day may come where I will be locked up as a terrorist .

:onfire:  Everyone do it and they can't do anything! 

Just now, Cinnamon said:

:onfire:  Everyone do it and they can't do anything! 

I couldn't agree more .

We the people could over power the system . The issue is getting people to do it .

Many people that I know that have computers have downgraded to Windows10 .

From what I understand with win10 if you install Tor or a VPN even just one proxy or being a proxy you could get a knock at your door and the computer will most likely be taken .

Don't most employees use VPN to connect into their workplace so they can telecommute?

The FBI gonna come knocking just because you ain't driving to work?

Our government is just getting more and more out of control.  

i only use VPN to access a site when have trouble logging in. but now i will think twice about using VPN and TOR options. damm the FBI.

17 minutes ago, CSB said:

I couldn't agree more .

We the people could over power the system . The issue is getting people to do it .

Many people that I know that have computers have downgraded to Windows10 .

From what I understand with win10 if you install Tor or a VPN even just one proxy or being a proxy you could get a knock at your door and the computer will most likely be taken .

wait, so if you innocently activate a vpn connection while on win 10, they could come and bother you? for real? i feel paranoid now.

Just now, Kazak said:

wait, so if you innocently activate a vpn connection while on win 10, they could come and bother you? for real? i feel paranoid now.

This is my understanding yes . I was talking to a microsoft tec in a chat room even he wont run a win10 . I have been looking for more information on the net so far not much luck . As for me I now have computers running Linux Ubuntu 16.04 .

Just now, counterintelligence said:

Don't most employees use VPN to connect into their workplace so they can telecommute?

This is what I have used a VPN for on the most part . Some times I use one to view a site that I normally don't have access to  . 

If this is all true the Net as we have known of it will be gone .

well i will play it safe and not use vpn and tor for anything. this way, no G men would come knocking on door. i primarily used vpn while on a gaming forum. been using for 2 years now. scary and embarassing situation if neighbors see feds show up. they'll say "oh he probaley looked at some cp..or he is a ISIS sympathizer"

Look at this thread! Does this feel like a "free country"?  

By the time you are made aware of the warnings, it's already too late.

They have what they need from us all and will use it when and if they choose to.  It's already too late for warnings.

I may be one of the first of you to go down in all of this...... I'm always in the first wave of what's to come for the rest.   There's so many layers of truth & illusions, our only real guides are our hearts, don't ignore it, or your gut instincts despite the words and ridicules from those who are weak.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.