Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Prepare For The 5 Awful New Airline Fees Coming Next

4 posts in this topic

You think airlines have finished with the nickel-and-diming? They have not.

People are getting quite sick of airlines imposing yet more nasty fees on every aspect of a purchase.

I know this because I wrote an article about airlines' latest imposition of a nasty fee on an aspect of a purchase -- they're now charging you to sit next to members of your family. And people weren't happy at all.

Sample Twitter comment: "The airlines are sickening!!"

But you know they're not going to stop.

Even as you read this, there are teams of highly-paid airline executives and even more highly-paid consultants trying to find new ways of pinching at least another few bucks from your pocket.

So, given my role as a public service, I thought I'd offer a few suggestions for what those new charges might be.

By the way, my airline executive friends, if you use any of these I'll charge you.

1. The Check-In Too Early Fee.

Yes, you've heard about the long lines going through TSA security. So you've turned up three hours before your flight. Cha-ching, that's caused our employees to be alert for more hours, so you pay. What shall we say? $25?

2. The Recline Your Seat Back Fee.

There's been a lot of angst around people reclining their seats back and annoying the people behind. This is understandable as seats in coach are now only a few inches away from each other. Some customers have even resorted to a device called a Knee Defender. Isn't it good business, then, to charge customers for the privilege of annoying others? $30 should do it, shouldn't it?

Source

They really love to rip us all off in whatever way they can do they not?

1 person likes this

Vultures!  Sounds like a liberal ideology. Takes away your upgrade money to pay for moar fees. Grrrr....

At one time do to my job I would fly all over the world and never had any issues; no TSA; and most of the time I carried a hand gun under my coat .

Today I would never fly anywhere in a commercial plane . I have heard to many horror stories of TSA intrusions and now that the fees are going out of control I think even fewer people will be willing to fly . 

4 hours ago, Ukshep said:

You think airlines have finished with the nickel-and-diming? They have not.

People are getting quite sick of airlines imposing yet more nasty fees on every aspect of a purchase.

I know this because I wrote an article about airlines' latest imposition of a nasty fee on an aspect of a purchase -- they're now charging you to sit next to members of your family. And people weren't happy at all.

Sample Twitter comment: "The airlines are sickening!!"

But you know they're not going to stop.

Even as you read this, there are teams of highly-paid airline executives and even more highly-paid consultants trying to find new ways of pinching at least another few bucks from your pocket.

So, given my role as a public service, I thought I'd offer a few suggestions for what those new charges might be.

By the way, my airline executive friends, if you use any of these I'll charge you.

1. The Check-In Too Early Fee.

Yes, you've heard about the long lines going through TSA security. So you've turned up three hours before your flight. Cha-ching, that's caused our employees to be alert for more hours, so you pay. What shall we say? $25?

2. The Recline Your Seat Back Fee.

There's been a lot of angst around people reclining their seats back and annoying the people behind. This is understandable as seats in coach are now only a few inches away from each other. Some customers have even resorted to a device called a Knee Defender. Isn't it good business, then, to charge customers for the privilege of annoying others? $30 should do it, shouldn't it?

Source

They really love to rip us all off in whatever way they can do they not?

TASA...

http://i.imgur.com/7CDDOwW.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.