Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

America’s First Certified Organic Fast Food Chain Is Here — And It Pays $16 An Hour

11 posts in this topic

By Carey Wedler

As fast food chains like Jack in the Box and McDonald’s fight to stay afloat, a new fast food chain is challenging fundamental norms within the industry. Organic Coup is the first USDA-certified organic fast food chain in the country, offering previously unheard of healthy options and boasting formidable funding with ambitious plans to expand rapidly across the country.

Touting its organic certification, Organic Coup explains its standards, which “do not allow Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), toxic chemicals and pesticides, or the use of antibiotics or added hormones in livestock.”

Their small but savory menu reflects their approach. The two locations currently open for business, both located in Northern California, serve crispy chicken sandwiches fried in organic coconut oil and topped with spicy organic vegetables on an organic bun. The chicken is provided by the popular organic brand, Mary’s Chicken and also comes in wrap and bowl form. Organic Coup offers a variety of organic sauces, as well as chicken tenders on the side.

For dessert, Organic Coup serves organic popcorn drizzled in organic chocolate and caramel (perhaps a more appealing option to health conscious consumers than McDonald’s recent addition of chocolate drizzled fries). They also plan to add organic tater tots and breakfast burritos to the menu.

Though the prices are higher than traditional fast food establishments — the chicken sandwich is $9.99 — Organic Coup focuses on quality rather than price point (it’s also worth noting a comparable crispy chicken sandwich at Chili’s, a popular, non-organic casual dining restaurant, is $8.79).

<snip>

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/05/americas-first-certified-organic-fast-food-chain-is-here-and-it-pays-16-an-hour.html

Heck yeah!  I can go for this. If I'm going to eat out what's another dollar or two? And if they can do organic AND pay 16.00 an hour without the government requiring it, that tells me that MCD and others are lying about losing money. Or they are so poorly managed that they don't know how to run a business. Survival of the fittest!  I hope they get one of these near me soon, I'll try it! Can you imagine having some real service (people who care what's in your takeout bag) because they are not feeling like they're being used and abused for minimum wage?  Sounds like win to me. 

2 people like this

I know chipotle isn't 100% organic. But they're extremely popular and use organic whenever possible. So I think that this new chain has a promising future if they do everything they say.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

I know chipotle isn't 100% organic. But they're extremely popular and use organic whenever possible. So I think that this new chain has a promising future if they do everything they say.

They have a lot of healthy options at Chipotle and I think the outbreak blamed on them was a conspiracy to bring them down.  There's a lot of info on here about that.  Hopefully this new organic thing will take off like mad and others will be forced to follow.  

1 person likes this

I would love to see a Organic push in this country .. We have a HyVee grocery store here with tons of organics and it is getting real popular .

Maybe we will see GMO in the trash

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, CSB said:

I would love to see a Organic push in this country .. We have a HyVee grocery store here with tons of organics and it is getting real popular .

Maybe we will see GMO in the trash

You're really lucky to have that!  It's hard to find organic where I am, a real effort, but it tastes so much better than the other stuff. Apple and tomatoes are the worst mass produced ones, they have no smell and no taste at all. How do you make something tasteless? lol

1 person likes this

@Cinnamon

The organic community here is a spinoff of the Amish . We have a organic Weekend market during the growing season that has great veggies and home caned foods even some dairy . And to there is now a family here that has started making fomented caned foods such as Sauerkraut Pickled cucumbers Pickled garlic Pickled beets Pickled radish Pickled corn relish and Korean kimchi .

Now I am waiting to see if the government will mess it all up being that the corn and soybeans grown in the lower part of the state are all GMO 

18 minutes ago, holographicINVASION said:

we have a store here in ohio with a lot of organic produce.. called "Trader Joe's"

Nice, Trader Joe's is 40 miles from me. 

One must wonder where these 100% organic farms are and how much they can regularly produce to sustain the ever increasing consumer numbers.

Time had an article stating that the USA had 19,474 organic farms, ranches, and processing facilities, and that worldwide there are more than 27,800 (only adding 8,326+ to the USA total)
http://time.com/3823870/record-organic-producers-united-states/

Here is the thing, the USDA rarely bothers with enforcing the certified organic regulations. Back in 2012, 43% of all organic foods tested by the USDA were positive for chemicals and pesticides. 4% failed completely having toxic levels of pesticides (well above USDA, FDA, & EPA tolerance levels)

Is it organic? Flip a coin... 

19 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

By Carey Wedler

As fast food chains like Jack in the Box and McDonald’s fight to stay afloat, a new fast food chain is challenging fundamental norms within the industry. Organic Coup is the first USDA-certified organic fast food chain in the country, offering previously unheard of healthy options and boasting formidable funding with ambitious plans to expand rapidly across the country.

Touting its organic certification, Organic Coup explains its standards, which “do not allow Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), toxic chemicals and pesticides, or the use of antibiotics or added hormones in livestock.”

Their small but savory menu reflects their approach. The two locations currently open for business, both located in Northern California, serve crispy chicken sandwiches fried in organic coconut oil and topped with spicy organic vegetables on an organic bun. The chicken is provided by the popular organic brand, Mary’s Chicken and also comes in wrap and bowl form. Organic Coup offers a variety of organic sauces, as well as chicken tenders on the side.

For dessert, Organic Coup serves organic popcorn drizzled in organic chocolate and caramel (perhaps a more appealing option to health conscious consumers than McDonald’s recent addition of chocolate drizzled fries). They also plan to add organic tater tots and breakfast burritos to the menu.

Though the prices are higher than traditional fast food establishments — the chicken sandwich is $9.99 — Organic Coup focuses on quality rather than price point (it’s also worth noting a comparable crispy chicken sandwich at Chili’s, a popular, non-organic casual dining restaurant, is $8.79).

<snip>

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/05/americas-first-certified-organic-fast-food-chain-is-here-and-it-pays-16-an-hour.html

Heck yeah!  I can go for this. If I'm going to eat out what's another dollar or two? And if they can do organic AND pay 16.00 an hour without the government requiring it, that tells me that MCD and others are lying about losing money. Or they are so poorly managed that they don't know how to run a business. Survival of the fittest!  I hope they get one of these near me soon, I'll try it! Can you imagine having some real service (people who care what's in your takeout bag) because they are not feeling like they're being used and abused for minimum wage?  Sounds like win to me. 

I know people who work for mcds.they make GREAT MONEY,BUT they can never get a day off even if theor kids are sick.Me n my wife broke up for this reason!!!we got back together only after she relized they didnt care about her just that she could do the job very well and could work all hours.as soon as the baby was born they made her feel like shit when she wanted a day off or spend time with the baby!!!!Mcdonalds is making a killing.They get there beef from Argentina(which has barely any oversight on what goes into their animals)and they find people who are replaceable.I know a few mcdonalds that hires prisoners!!!People who are actually in jail!They are allowed tonleave the jail to work 8-4 and can only recieve $4.25/hr.sonthey save a ton of money when hiring these prisoners.FLUCK MCDONALDS.IT RUINED MY FAMILY ONCE AND I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM A PENNY OF MINE.my kids dont even really like fastfood now.they would rather have spaghetti or my famous hamburger helper.lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I know people who work for mcds.they make GREAT MONEY,BUT they can never get a day off even if theor kids are sick.Me n my wife broke up for this reason!!!we got back together only after she relized they didnt care about her just that she could do the job very well and could work all hours.as soon as the baby was born they made her feel like shit when she wanted a day off or spend time with the baby!!!!Mcdonalds is making a killing.They get there beef from Argentina(which has barely any oversight on what goes into their animals)and they find people who are replaceable.I know a few mcdonalds that hires prisoners!!!People who are actually in jail!They are allowed tonleave the jail to work 8-4 and can only recieve $4.25/hr.sonthey save a ton of money when hiring these prisoners.FLUCK MCDONALDS.IT RUINED MY FAMILY ONCE AND I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM A PENNY OF MINE.my kids dont even really like fastfood now.they would rather have spaghetti or my famous hamburger helper.lol

I went there the other day, taste like crap, cardboard even.

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.