Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Scientists develop chick with 'dinosaur' feet (genetic manipulation) Chile

11 posts in this topic

Scientists in Chile have created a chicken embryo that developed dinosaur-like feet after genetic manipulation, highlighting the evolutionary link between theropod dinosaurs and birds.

The research — published last week in the journal Evolution — shows that "by inhibiting early maturation of a leg of the chicken embryo, the leg reverts to the shape that dinosaurs' legs had," said Alexander Vargas, one of the six researchers at the University of Chile.

"The result is a chicken embryo with dinosaur legs," Vargas told AFP on Tuesday, explaining what amounts to reverse evolution.

Theropods, a group of dinosaurs, started as carnivores but evolved to eat plants and insects.

Birds evolved from small theropods in the Jurassic period more than 145 million years ago.

<snip>

http://www.globalpost.com/article/6746754/2016/03/15/scientists-develop-chick-dinosaur-feet

What can possibly go wrong? :IBPlzqK:  "reverse evolution"?  We need this?  These people are more "mad scientist" types.  If they are telling this, what are they not telling?  

5 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Scientists in Chile have created a chicken embryo that developed dinosaur-like feet after genetic manipulation, highlighting the evolutionary link between theropod dinosaurs and birds.

The research — published last week in the journal Evolution — shows that "by inhibiting early maturation of a leg of the chicken embryo, the leg reverts to the shape that dinosaurs' legs had," said Alexander Vargas, one of the six researchers at the University of Chile.

"The result is a chicken embryo with dinosaur legs," Vargas told AFP on Tuesday, explaining what amounts to reverse evolution.

Theropods, a group of dinosaurs, started as carnivores but evolved to eat plants and insects.

Birds evolved from small theropods in the Jurassic period more than 145 million years ago.

<snip>

http://www.globalpost.com/article/6746754/2016/03/15/scientists-develop-chick-dinosaur-feet

What can possibly go wrong? :IBPlzqK:  "reverse evolution"?  We need this?  These people are more "mad scientist" types.  If they are telling this, what are they not telling?  

They didnt watch Jurassic  Park did they??? Those movies never turn out well!!!

1 minute ago, Rustydog said:

They didnt watch Jurassic  Park did they??? Those movies never turn out well!!!

Probably not, the article came from a Chilean new site online. lol

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Your prob right, that movie would suck in Chilean subtitles.

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Its really refreshing to see them focusing on real problems in the world, I've said it all along, chickens without dinosaur feet will be our un doing!!

No no no. Your all thinking of this wrong.  Think of the BBQ potential of this. Mega wings and legs, with a good mesquite flavor, yum.

2 people like this

This is crazy!!!So in their theory.if a human was manipulated by this gene then we would grow ape legs!(i personally belived in evolution,i was all sciency and stuff' NOT ANYMORE)that just  crazy think about de-evolving animals on this planet!!!

Way Way Way ? Next will be flying cows or pigs or horses . 

11 hours ago, Redlistvet said:

No no no. Your all thinking of this wrong.  Think of the BBQ potential of this. Mega wings and legs, with a good mesquite flavor, yum.

Ugg!! I'm starving!! I would tear up some Dino wings maybe with some brontosaurous burgers?? 

4 hours ago, Rustydog said:

Ugg!! I'm starving!! I would tear up some Dino wings maybe with some brontosaurous burgers?? 

Wasn't those Brontosaurus Burgers from the Flintstones? Remember how big they were? lol.

27 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Wasn't those Brontosaurus Burgers from the Flintstones? Remember how big they were? lol.

Yes that's them, they almost flipped the Fredmobile on its side when they got their order at the drive thru!!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.