Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

These are the most exciting technologies the US military is building right now

13 posts in this topic

Pretty cool stuff. Check this out.

http://www.techinsider.io/darpa-projects-demo-day-2016-2016-5

-

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has been tasked with building breakthrough technologies for the US military since 1958, and plenty were on full display at the Pentagon last week.

Tech Insider went to DARPA's "Demo Day" on May 11 where more than 60 projects were shown to reporters, senior military leaders, and government contractors. We saw everything from underwater drones that autonomously search for enemy submarines to a game-changing prosthetic hand that looks like it's straight out of "Terminator 2."

There was a ton for us to see in the Pentagon's courtyard, but these are the ones we thought were most interesting.

47 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Pretty cool stuff. Check this out.

http://www.techinsider.io/darpa-projects-demo-day-2016-2016-5

-

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has been tasked with building breakthrough technologies for the US military since 1958, and plenty were on full display at the Pentagon last week.

Tech Insider went to DARPA's "Demo Day" on May 11 where more than 60 projects were shown to reporters, senior military leaders, and government contractors. We saw everything from underwater drones that autonomously search for enemy submarines to a game-changing prosthetic hand that looks like it's straight out of "Terminator 2."

There was a ton for us to see in the Pentagon's courtyard, but these are the ones we thought were most interesting.

The rail guns and laser weapons should be fully functional by now, will be interesting to see those in use. I read in the article about mini subs. I read something the other day about mini subs, and mini drone swarms where they overwhelm any counter measures with shear numbers.  Darpa is always hard at work finding new and interesting ways to kill stuff. Good article, the stuff helping the wounded solider was real nice to see.

17 minutes ago, Rustydog said:

The rail guns and laser weapons should be fully functional by now, will be interesting to see those in use. I read in the article about mini subs. I read something the other day about mini subs, and mini drone swarms where they overwhelm any counter measures with shear numbers.  Darpa is always hard at work finding new and interesting ways to kill stuff. Good article, the stuff helping the wounded solider was real nice to see.

I can't wait till Pulse rifles come out. Think ALIENS.

6 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I can't wait till Pulse rifles come out. Think ALIENS.

Or maybe the BFG from Doom??

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Rustydog said:

Or maybe the BFG from Doom??

Totally possible.

I wonder when Plasma weapons will come out as well. Think TRIBES - the fps game.

1 hour ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Totally possible.

I wonder when Plasma weapons will come out as well. Think TRIBES - the fps game.

Never played that one, but I remember a game called Snowblind. You ever play that?? It's an old one, I'm guessing PS2 era?? Very sick weapons. My favorite was the fletchette shotgun, it shot guided electric shotgun sabots. Was awesome to watch them do their work!! And the second Aliens movie was one of my favorites growing up, one of the first movies I saw in the theater. 

I just wonder how many of these "projects" are active even tho they say their still testing. My father once told me "if their talking about it, it's no longer a black project, and more than likely already in the field even tho they say it won't be for a couple of years." 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:39 PM, Rustydog said:

And tagging you @Cinnamon

Some video.

14 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Some video.

Horror weapons. Every time I see something like this, I always wonder how long until they use them against us. 

36 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Some video.

Great video!! I thought I read the new Zumwalt class destroyer is equipped with rail guns in stealth turrets, and I thought the USS Zumwalt was in sea trials?? Won't be long until these babies are bringing sweet democracy to any country in need of democratizing!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.