Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Conservatives Strike Back, Sink Energy Bill Containing Transgender Provision/See 3rd post for UPDATE

9 posts in this topic

GOP House Codifies Obama's Transgenderism in Dark of Night - 

Many are asking what Republicans plan to do to stop Obama’s executive war on culture and religious liberty in pursuit of cultural Marxism.  Now we know that not only will this party do nothing to stop Obama, it will use its control of Congress to codify Obama’s agenda into law.

Late Wednesday night, Republicans allowed a vote on an amendment from Rep. Sean Maloney, D-N.Y., which codified Obama’s executive order 13672 making transgenderism the law of the land. 

<snip>

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/gop-house-codifies-obamas-transgenderism-into-spending-bill#sthash.F5fXX0vb.dpuf

One more voting session and we'll have it forever and ever and ever. 

Washington – After Republican Leadership rigged a previous vote on a similar bill, Representative Sean Patrick Maloney’s (NY-18) amendment to prevent federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT employees passed the House by a bipartisan vote of 223-195. The Maloney amendment was introduced tonight to the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2017, and would specifically prevent contractors paid by funds allocated for energy and water projects from discriminating against employees based on their sexual orientation or gender identity. After House Republican Leadership violated their own rules to strong-arm seven republicans into switching their votes to vote against Maloney’s amendment, the Maloney amendment passed tonight with 43 Republican votes.

http://seanmaloney.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/maloney-lgbt-non-discrimination-amendment-passes-house-with-bipartisan

It began as a yearly spending bill and then Maloney attached the LGBT and gender identity clause.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/19/politics/house-democrats-republicans-lgbt-proposal/

Conservatives Strike Back, Sink Energy Bill Containing Transgender Provision

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/05/conservatives-strike-back-sink-energy-bill-containing-transgender-provision#sthash.PMARRKAB.dpuf

Let's see how long it takes them to come back and attach this language onto another TOTALLY UNRELATED BILL.  If we ever needed a Constitutional Amendment, it would be to stop this practice.  But since both sides like it that way, it will never change.  

I don't see this being the end.  They get what they want by making everyone think it's over and then they strike.  

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Let's see how long it takes them to come back and attach this language onto another TOTALLY UNRELATED BILL. 

I don't see this being the end.  They get what they want by making everyone think it's over and then they strike.  

But all the sheeple will remember is that the god-fearing, family value-oriented  "conservatives " made a heroic stand against the godless liberal heathens. Then quietly and softly, it will be tucked into a spending bill for veterans or something similar so they can tout their patriotic credentials for the re-election cycle.  It makes good television and the proletariat will eat it up.

Words like conservative and liberal, Republican and Democrat, have virtually no meaning any more.  Human beings must label and compartmentalize things so we keep using those words because if I identify with other people, I can feel a bit superior to the "other idiots". After all, I  can't be wrong if others believe the same thing,  now can I? And obviously if that guy uses the same label as me, then he has to be one of the good ones. 

The ego is going to be the death of the human race if it is not brought into submission,  individually and as a whole and politics are a case study in this. Everything they do, from the propaganda, to the manipulation, the empty rhetoric and self-promoting diatribes stem from the fact that they feel superior. 

The whole collection of human knowledge has been gained by trial and error.  Someone has an idea,  they try it,  it works or doesn't.  If it works, someone else says maybe we can do it better and they attempt improvement.  It works or doesn’t. If it fails,  we go back to the drawing board. At least that's the way it probably should work.  We don’t inherently or instinctively KNOW anything at all, much less the best way. 

What our country has become is a bunch of failed attempts to improve situations.  We won't admit mistakes or correct them, we just keep adding to them because the ego won't allow a conservative approach to progress. Make no mistake,  we need liberals AND conservatives,  but we need them under their true definitions and we need them working together. What we don’t need is either side forcing an agenda because their ego tells them they know best.  

And, a good place to start would be with cleaning out all their failed attempts to make my life "better" through legislation and laws. 

(Man, that was rambling. But I guess my ego wouldn't allow me to shut up. :huh:

Edited by octopus prime
2 people like this

I personally have no problems with anyone's beliefs and would fight hard for rights of people to be who they are comfortable with. But I don't need these immoral POS telling me what is right and wrong when it's pretty obvious they don't have a clue!! If they wanted to impress me they would concentrate on problems such as homelessness,  not forcing homosexuality down our throats.  Dont ask don't tell was working just fine for me. And I have no problem with anyone's sexuality, just the way its being politicized to fit their BS agenda. 

Yea, they fail to realize some beliefs and rights should remain private in the home. I do not need to know that the PL leading me into a battle is taking it up the ass from a cook from the DEFAC.
These things should never even be discussed. This creates an unneeded stigma when open to the public

Same goes for a lot of things.

I personally despise homosexuality. For a few reasons, some my own, some morally grounded. But I will never mistreat or go out of my way to be mean to someone who chooses that lifestyle.

LGBT has nothing to do with me. If they choose that, it's on them. Congress,  however,  effects me with crap like this and cinnamon was absolutely right.  They'll sneak this in on something else.  I personally don't care what people do in the privacy of their homes between consenting adults ,  there are plenty of heterosexual perverts and a lot of them are in politics.  Just don't shove it in my face. 

This is just silly. How about stopping discrimination in the work place for everyone, not just LGBTs. Freakin idiots.

My personal opinion is that these people have a mental condition that needs to be addressed, not encouraged. If I thought I was a bird I would hope people would push me to get help, not tell me how great it is that I'm having wings attached where my arms used to be.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.