Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Icon

VA wrongly declares thousands of veterans dead, stops benefits

7 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON, May 26 (UPI) -- Some 4,000 U.S. military veterans and their families stopped receiving benefits over the past five years after they were wrongly declared dead, the newest in a string of problems to emerge from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The VA said benefits were mistakenly terminated for 4,201 veterans from 2011 to 2015 but subsequently reinstated. Just in 2015, benefits were incorrectly terminated for 1,025 veterans. The mistakes were largely due to employee error or wrongly interpreted data by the department's computers, the VA told U.S. Rep. David Jolly, R-Fla., after several veterans were wrongly declared dead in the Tampa area.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/05/26/VA-wrongly-declares-thousands-of-veterans-dead-stops-benefits/2501464256327/?spt=mps&or=1

my dad was one of those affected by this snafu.

7 minutes ago, Icon said:

WASHINGTON, May 26 (UPI) -- Some 4,000 U.S. military veterans and their families stopped receiving benefits over the past five years after they were wrongly declared dead, the newest in a string of problems to emerge from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The VA said benefits were mistakenly terminated for 4,201 veterans from 2011 to 2015 but subsequently reinstated. Just in 2015, benefits were incorrectly terminated for 1,025 veterans. The mistakes were largely due to employee error or wrongly interpreted data by the department's computers, the VA told U.S. Rep. David Jolly, R-Fla., after several veterans were wrongly declared dead in the Tampa area.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/05/26/VA-wrongly-declares-thousands-of-veterans-dead-stops-benefits/2501464256327/?spt=mps&or=1

my dad was one of those affected by this snafu.

Can these people do anything right?  I'm sorry about you dad. 

And these are the one group of people we should be most concerned about, above all else. The VA has proven time and time again that they are incompetent.  Total overhaul, starting at the top, is what's needed.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Rustydog said:

And these are the one group of people we should be most concerned about, above all else. The VA has proven time and time again that they are incompetent.  Total overhaul, starting at the top, is what's needed.

They are the only reason a chick with a diick can use any bathroom!!

Edited by yaknow

the VA is a joke, i wont use them. My uncle has some serious health issues and if an emergency happens he goes to the local er but then has to wait months to he seen by the va. 

And this is the reason my dad has denied his benefits from day one. Even in the 70's when he got out of the service he told the VA to F off. He knew they counsels do anything right and has never used the VA plus he says that the way the Vietnam vets were treated then that he would never ask our gov for anything ever again. 

If you can stay away from them, it's better, they're part of the gun control agenda. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.