Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Groove

Wth did I just see.

26 posts in this topic

So I'm outside right now walking my dog, I look up and see a real bright ball of light traveling north to south, seemed pretty high up.  After about 15 seconds the brightness dimmed down to about the size of a small star in the sky and it just disappeared. There are no clouds out tonight here at all and this thing just disappeared. And right now in se ugh what liok lablike a satellite moving south to north in about the same area the other was going. 

Wait it now it's headed west wtf. If it's a satellite it's moving super slow. 

I love sky watching on clear nights I always see weird crap out here. . 

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Groove said:

So I'm outside right now walking my dog, I look up and see a real bright ball of light traveling north to south, seemed pretty high up.  After about 15 seconds the brightness dimmed down to about the size of a small star in the sky and it just disappeared. There are no clouds out tonight here at all and this thing just disappeared. And right now in se ugh what liok lablike a satellite moving south to north in about the same area the other was going. 

You see some strange things when you sky watch.  Unfortunately, I feel that most don't take the time throughout the day to stare at the sky.  Have you ever seen the "satellite with a strobe light" (as I like to call it)?  I saw this object 4 or 5 times last year among all kinds of other strange phenomena.

Just now, McWest said:

You see some strange things when you sky watch.  Unfortunately, I feel that most don't take the time throughout the day to stare at the sky.  Have you ever seen the "satellite with a strobe light" (as I like to call it)?  I saw this object 4 or 5 times last year among all kinds of other strange phenomena.

Oh man I've seen that numerous times over the past 4 years I've been back in Louisiana. Strange indeed. There was one night I looked up and saw what looked like a ball of lightning as I called it doing what seemed like dancing thru the sky for about 30 seconds making all kinds of twist and turns then just disappear. 

1 minute ago, Groove said:

Oh man I've seen that numerous times over the past 4 years I've been back in Louisiana. Strange indeed. There was one night I looked up and saw what looked like a ball of lightning as I called it doing what seemed like dancing thru the sky for about 30 seconds making all kinds of twist and turns then just disappear. 

Interesting, as I witnessed this object over the skies of Texas.

9 minutes ago, McWest said:

Interesting, as I witnessed this object over the skies of Texas.

Hmmm definitely interesting. 

Posted (edited)

I remember a while back, I went camping at devils river in west Texas.  It's in the middle of the desert on the Texas/Mexico border.  I saw what I thought, at the time, was a satellite.   Too fast for an airplane.  Those were the most beautiful skies I've ever experienced.  

Edited by Walk Softly

2 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

I remember a while back, I went camping at devils river in west Texas.  It's in the middle of the desert on the Texas/Mexico border.  I saw what I thought, at the time, was a satellite.   Too fast for an airplane.  Those were the most beautiful skies I've ever experienced.  

I have witnessed what looked like what I'll call a "hypersonic satellite" moving over the skies of Southern New Mexico as well.   

25 minutes ago, McWest said:

I have witnessed what looked like what I'll call a "hypersonic satellite" moving over the skies of Southern New Mexico as well.   

So far I have yet to see a "satellite" that is actually listed on a sat page as being above me at that moment. I know usually tho around 845 local time I can see one travel south to north. On a satellite tracker it said that it should have been north to south at 855. So it's apparently always early and going the wrong direction. Lol. My wife and I saw something last winter that took about 7 seconds to travel from horizon to horizon. I'm still stumped on what that was as it didn't look like your typical "moving star" as most sayts do it was a bright yellow. 

37 minutes ago, Groove said:

So far I have yet to see a "satellite" that is actually listed on a sat page as being above me at that moment. I know usually tho around 845 local time I can see one travel south to north. On a satellite tracker it said that it should have been north to south at 855. So it's apparently always early and going the wrong direction. Lol. My wife and I saw something last winter that took about 7 seconds to travel from horizon to horizon. I'm still stumped on what that was as it didn't look like your typical "moving star" as most sayts do it was a bright yellow. 

Isn't that interesting about satellites? Haha!  Who knows what these objects we're seeing actually are.  Then there's all of the objects you can see with infra-red..  Yeah.

@Groove Thanks for posting, I love hearing first hand accounts of things like this.

I've seen things in the sky, day and night that were solid craft and amazing light displays.  It pays to look up!  There was this weird thing one day, about 2 years ago. It was daytime and I was on my balcony, this thing looked like one of those gas tanks for a bbq grill. lol Totally the last thing that you would design for aerodynamics.  It was white and red, no lights and it was probably 1000 feet away I think, bobbing around in the sky.  Then it reversed direction, didn't seem to turn around it just went backward. It wasn't going very fast, and I wondered why it didn't just fall out of the sky, it was that poorly designed.   It wasn't a balloon of any kind I've ever seen it was industrial looking, it was some kind of machine. I don't know how big it was, maybe a few feet tall and a couple of feet wide.  I watched it for at least 5 minutes. I have no idea what it was. 

2 hours ago, Groove said:

So I'm outside right nowsting my dog, I lookp and se e a real bright ba. ll of light traveling north to south, seemed pretty high up.  After about 15 seconds the brightness dimmed down to about the size of a small star in the sky and it just disappeared. There are no clouds out tonight here at all and this thing just disappeared. And right now in se ugh what liok lablike a satellite moving south to north in about the same area the other was going. 

Satellites are Placed in orbit with small boosters to help alignment, But  They CANNOT make turns the way you described. You didnt see a satellite or a star so it only leaves one answer :) ;)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.