Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Rustydog

Any cat people?? Need feline advice??

16 posts in this topic

I noticed the other day that her lower lip looked a little strange, but this morning it looks like my poor girl went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson!! She seems to act fine, but wow does her lip look a mess. She stays inside my crappy apt most of the time, I do let her outside at times tho. There is another alley cat outside she plays with, but it's lips don't look busted up. I'm really worried about her. I Googled cats with fat lips and it talked a lot about allergies, like maybe food allergies. It also said you can try to give a cat Zytrec for allergies such as this. Anyone ever go thru this???

11 minutes ago, Rustydog said:

I noticed the other day that her lower lip looked a little strange, but this morning it looks like my poor girl went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson!! She seems to act fine, but wow does her lip look a mess. She stays inside my crappy apt most of the time, I do let her outside at times tho. There is another alley cat outside she plays with, but it's lips don't look busted up. I'm really worried about her. I Googled cats with fat lips and it talked a lot about allergies, like maybe food allergies. It also said you can try to give a cat Zytrec for allergies such as this. Anyone ever go thru this???

Has the cat had access to anything made of plastic lately? That is one allergy overlooked but one that connected with a swollen lip? New toy maybe?

37 minutes ago, Rustydog said:

It could be a lesion. Can you open her mouth and check her tongue? Just put her on your lap, hold her head with one hand and pull the fur under her chin enough to make her open up so you can see. Is she sneezing or showing signs of runny nose or eyes?  Some upper respiratory infections can cause lip and mouth lesions.  

No, she's fine with me looking in her mouth. Just the lip. No other symptoms. She eats fine and all. 

1 minute ago, Rustydog said:

No, she's fine with me looking in her mouth. Just the lip. No other symptoms. She eats fine and all. 

I'm going to pm you with some info. 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I'm going to pm you with some info. 

Thx

My darling cat,my Samedi who has since passed on,came home once with such a fat lip. Looked like BettyBoop,SO weird,i never found out what caused it either. It passed in a few days but it looked so..Wrong.

23 hours ago, Raxoxane said:

My darling cat,my Samedi who has since passed on,came home once with such a fat lip. Looked like BettyBoop,SO weird,i never found out what caused it either. It passed in a few days but it looked so..Wrong.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that!! Animals become such a part of our lives, its never easy to say goodbye. You think the fat lip was related??

1 person likes this

On 5/30/2016 at 2:17 AM, Rustydog said:

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that!! Animals become such a part of our lives, its never easy to say goodbye. You think the fat lip was related??

Hi Rustydog,thanks for the condolences,i loved her very much. You know,i never even cried,because if i had to start i wouldn't easily be able to stop.I'm still so sad too about a young white cat we lost quite a while before her-found dead in the neighbour's yard.Maybe a snake,the African Bush is hard on pets-but they love their lives in nature so much,and it is not possible to keep animals confined to a house 24/7. That's why i kill all snakes who come close to our house,it always turns out to be poisonous ones like Spitting Cobras and Black Mambas and Adders,they have even come into my house sometimes.Also there's apes,baboons and leguans around here,and they did like to wander into the small private game reserve adjacent to our yard. No the fat lip couldn't have had anything to do with it,she lived for a long time after that.Thank you again,Bless you:-)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Raxoxane said:

Hi Rustydog,thanks for the condolences,i loved her very much. You know,i never even cried,because if i had to start i wouldn't easily be able to stop.I'm still so sad too about a young white cat we lost quite a while before her-found dead in the neighbour's yard.Maybe a snake,the African Bush is hard on pets-but they love their lives in nature so much,and it is not possible to keep animals confined to a house 24/7. That's why i kill all snakes who come close to our house,it always turns out to be poisonous ones like Spitting Cobras and Black Mambas and Adders,they have even come into my house sometimes.Also there's apes,baboons and leguans around here,and they did like to wander into the small private game reserve adjacent to our yard. No the fat lip couldn't have had anything to do with it,she lived for a long time after that.Thank you again,Bless you:-)

Wow, that sounds crazy!! I thought I had it bad over here, at least I don't have to worry about apes and cobras!! I hear it's really beautiful there tho. Kikis lip looks much better. Thx for your concern, IDK what I would do without her to keep me company, a whole lotta talking to myself I suppose.

1 hour ago, Rustydog said:

Wow, that sounds crazy!! I thought I had it bad over here, at least I don't have to worry about apes and cobras!! I hear it's really beautiful there tho. Kikis lip looks much better. Thx for your concern, IDK what I would do without her to keep me company, a whole lotta talking to myself I suppose.

Heyy Rusty,I wanted to give your post a like,but it said i was only allowed 6 a day,so sorry. Yes it is beautiful out here,but it can be a savage beauty:-)Glad your cat's lips are better. My Samedi's stayed like that for a few days,just when i was going to take her to the vet it got better.I have 8 cats. I HAVE to have cats,not negotiable. I will be without food for myself,as long as i have cats around me and there's food for them,weird. It's a compulsion.I love dogs,but cats are like water and oxygen.I used to have 17 cats for a while but feeding them got too expensive so we gave some to a farmer in the area,for rodent control.I bet he also finds a dead blackbird in front of his bed one day,as i have:-) they like to bring one things:-) Dead things.It was quite gothic looking,i walked into my room and found this dead raven on the little carpet in front of my bed,if i was an Emo i could have really worked with that:-))))

40 minutes ago, Raxoxane said:

Heyy Rusty,I wanted to give your post a like,but it said i was only allowed 6 a day,so sorry. Yes it is beautiful out here,but it can be a savage beauty:-)Glad your cat's lips are better. My Samedi's stayed like that for a few days,just when i was going to take her to the vet it got better.I have 8 cats. I HAVE to have cats,not negotiable. I will be without food for myself,as long as i have cats around me and there's food for them,weird. It's a compulsion.I love dogs,but cats are like water and oxygen.I used to have 17 cats for a while but feeding them got too expensive so we gave some to a farmer in the area,for rodent control.I bet he also finds a dead blackbird in front of his bed one day,as i have:-) they like to bring one things:-) Dead things.It was quite gothic looking,i walked into my room and found this dead raven on the little carpet in front of my bed,if i was an Emo i could have really worked with that:-))))

Funny!! Yes cats are the best pets, mine like to leave dead salamanders everywhere, IDK what they have against them?? 8 is alot, they must keep you busy! I had three, all rescued from behind the same dumpster, IDK where they are coming from?? During a real bad storm a few weeks ago one got scared and ran off, haven't seen her since, I like to think she's out there living it up!! Samedi is a neat name, is that a common name where your at??

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.