Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

18 posts in this topic

I figure we need a thread on laws that are still on the books from other times and other places that practically don't apply anymore, but if they wanted to they could still fine you with it. But even that's ridiculous because you can't follow the law.  There are some many laws that contradict other laws or even their own existence.  Some of these laws were only written to make some hot shot get instant fame.  Laws that don't make any sense to our day and time.

For example:

A fire truck can't exceed 25 miles per hour, even if it is going to a fire.  

In Texas, one rule was recently proposed that a criminal should give their victims at least 24 hours advance written notice of nature of the crime, and the details of how they plan to carry it out, that they intend on committing against them, so that the victim will have time to plan their defense.  

2 people like this

I'm all for bringing back legalized dueling.  You must give the other party 72 hour notice,  apply for a permit so the grievances can be listed to see if a duel is actually warranted,  with monetary compensation and public humility  if the challenge is declined 

1 person likes this

I could be imprisoned for this ?

It is Not Illegal for Mustached Men to Kiss Women in Public in Iowa

I hate corn !

FCC: A conservative broadcast station has to include liberal loud mouths, (but not vice versa?)  

I read somewhere awhile back about a bunch of these silly archaic laws. I wish my memory was better. I remember something about a Texas electric company having a notice for people to not shoot their guns in the air during some holiday, maybe July 4th?? Not a law, but still solid advice. 

In Missouri you are not allowed to drive down the highway with an uncaged bear in your car. 

:chuckle:

Not bad, it's just.. do you really need to tell someone that? 

5 minutes ago, Rustydog said:

But my bear has such a bad attitude sometimes!! I'm gonna have to do something to get that sucka acting right!!

Get them to make a new law that he has to obey you? hahaha

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Get them to make a new law that he has to obey you? hahaha

You gonna tell the bear about this?cause I'm not!!!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.