Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Microsoft is a piece of shit! f*** you bill gates

78 posts in this topic

The things they force on you these days. We may think we are free people, but we are far from free. Good for you, it's your PC, you should be able to do with it as you please.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Windows 10 installed itself on my pc today, like malware. Well i reverted. wiped my pc and now im booting every family members pc/laptop with linux. How's the business plan going now bill? losing enough customers with your forced feeding attempt. Douchebag!

DONT YOU GET IT! WINDOWS 10 IS FREE AND YOU CANT EVEN GIVE IT AWAY! f*** THE NWO! And the bloatware crap that has been on operating systems collecting and sending information to Whomever microsoft has the contract with. THIS IS MY META DATA! NOT YOURS!

LOL - and you are not the only aggrieves ex-user of the MS software.  However I seriously doubt if Billy is still involved in the day-to-day running of the business.  I think the "forces" have long since taken control of the company and seen the "potential" with the "marriage" between OS and Internet.  

There are services one can turn off in any of the Windblows OS' which takes away the "power" of the scripts hidden with in the OS. 

KDE's Plasma Desktop is probably the best Linux for the "man-in-the-street who does not want a non GUI system.

I killed WindBlows a long time ago on all but one computer and it's a new Asus with Wndblows7 but on it I put a stop to automatic up dates . I now recommend Linux to everyone .

Linux Ubuntu 16.04 is the newest of Ubuntu . It works well for me .

Download Image Ubuntu 16.04 . http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04/

Then I use Infrarecorder to make a bootable image DVD from a WindBlows OS . http://infrarecorder.org/?page_id=5

The Linux system will give you a choice to run the Linux OS beside the Wndows OS or install it from a reboot .

Posted (edited)

The second most powerful word on the entire planet is the word 'free.'

The first is 'love,' but I think somehow, things have become a bit distorted of late.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

45 minutes ago, holographicINVASION said:

haha.. I got piece of shite windows 10.. it does suck.. so does bill gates.. lol

I don't mind windows 10 so much. Especially since you can set it up to mimic windows 7, and which in my opinion, was their best windows version ever. It's the edge browser that really blows. The favorites feature is one of the worse disasters ever and in so many ways.

Just now, Cryptic Mole said:

I don't mind windows 10 so much. Especially since you can set it up to mimic windows 7, and which in my opinion, was their best windows version ever. It's the edge browser that really blows. The favorites feature is one of the worse disasters ever and in so many ways.

that's what I use.. maybe I should switch to chrome or you know of better ones?

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, holographicINVASION said:

I mainly use chrome now, but it has its limitations. I like all the extensions that are available, but having too many will slow down chrome. The good part is you can always go back to more tools/extensions and enable or disable them as you need them. You don't have to always delete them.

I also think under normal operating conditions, chrome runs a bit faster than internet explorer 11 which does not come with windows 10. I do use both browsers though because what one is lacking, the other has.

All the other browsers are remakes of the most popular browsers, but with some new bells and whistles, so I never get excited about them. I do not like firefox browser anymore. I find that there are even more issues with it than in the past. One being hijacked with spyware that's hard to get rid of. I use hitman pro, and it has never been able to clean that virus in firefox.

I also hate that firefox is the browser used for Tor.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

23 minutes ago, holographicINVASION said:

If you're using windows edge browser, just download IE11 instead if you like the explorer browsers. I like them, but Chrome just has less security issues.

1 minute ago, Cryptic Mole said:

If you're using windows edge browser, just download IE11 instead if you like the explorer browsers. I like them, but Chrome just has less security issues.

thanks!

If you are using Windows 7 or 8 and you want to block these automatic upgrades to Windows 10, you can use Never10 - it's a small utility written by security expert Steve Gibson.

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.