Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Breaking! - Six Delaware schools hit with bomb threats

47 posts in this topic

Seems like something is up today!

Multiple police agencies are investigating bomb threats received at six schools throughout Delaware Monday.

State police were notified at 11:09 a.m. that an unknown man called East Millsboro Elementary School along Iron Branch Road and said there was a bomb in the school, Sgt. Richard Bratz said. Over the next half hour, another three calls – all involving an unknown male caller and the threat of a bomb on school property – were placed to Beacon Middle School in Lewes, Polytech High School in Woodside and Stanton Middle School in Stanton, he said.

Milford and Smyrna police departments also reported automated calls that involved a bomb threat made to Mispillion Elementary School and Sunnyside Elementary School earlier this morning.

In all situations, the schools were evacuated and the buildings were searched. Nothing out of the ordinary was reported in any cases, police said. The only school to dismiss early was the Polytech High School, Bratz said.

"It is believed that this automated threat is connected to several others received by schools throughout the state of Delaware," said Cpl. Brian Donner, a spokesman for Smyrna Police Department. State police, however, said it's unknown whether these bomb threats are related to a string of calls received across the state in January and early February, police said.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/05/23/six-delaware-schools-hit-bomb-threats/84788570/

Sounds like a covert drill for the coming storm @Cryptic Mole

1 person likes this

I was just about to leave, good thing I refreshed main page.

I'll keep an eye out today.

7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Seems like something is up today!

Multiple police agencies are investigating bomb threats received at six schools throughout Delaware Monday.

State police were notified at 11:09 a.m. that an unknown man called East Millsboro Elementary School along Iron Branch Road and said there was a bomb in the school, Sgt. Richard Bratz said. Over the next half hour, another three calls – all involving an unknown male caller and the threat of a bomb on school property – were placed to Beacon Middle School in Lewes, Polytech High School in Woodside and Stanton Middle School in Stanton, he said.

Milford and Smyrna police departments also reported automated calls that involved a bomb threat made to Mispillion Elementary School and Sunnyside Elementary School earlier this morning.

In all situations, the schools were evacuated and the buildings were searched. Nothing out of the ordinary was reported in any cases, police said. The only school to dismiss early was the Polytech High School, Bratz said.

"It is believed that this automated threat is connected to several others received by schools throughout the state of Delaware," said Cpl. Brian Donner, a spokesman for Smyrna Police Department. State police, however, said it's unknown whether these bomb threats are related to a string of calls received across the state in January and early February, police said.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/05/23/six-delaware-schools-hit-bomb-threats/84788570/

Sounds like a covert drill for the coming storm @Cryptic Mole

The 25th is the last day of the two-week significant event warning. We will see what happens by this coming Wednesday.

This sort of thing is what worries me and adds to the gray hairs.  My oldest daughter starts kindergarten this year.  I hate the idea of leaving my kids in the hands of other, potentially incompetent people.  

15 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

" Nationwide Threat  "

hmmm could this be it?

Any day now, and it will be ISIL giving the orders and ISIS doing their bidding.

Remember, ISIL is the important keyword, not ISIS.

1 person likes this

When will the public schools get out for the summer? I know it varies from state to state according to hot temperatures.

3 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

When will the public schools get out for the summer? I know it varies from state to state according to hot temperatures.

within the next 15 days all schools will be out.

Just now, thedudeabides said:

Mole has the 25th may. I have the 31st may as the deadline. and almost all the schools will be out before my deadline. rest a few days after.

Probably nothing!

1 person likes this

Just now, thedudeabides said:

If they tested the school system today, they may have something planned before school lets out.

Hang on to those kids. Could be a rough ride.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.