Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
toast

How is the moon not eclipsed by the earth every day?

115 posts in this topic

Yes here it is almost 4 am and I just stepped outside for a smoke and was looking at the moon and the thought just occurred to me.

If I'm looking at the moon right now and it's full, and the earth is 4 times bigger and blocking out the sun, why isn't the moon eclipsed?

 

How are we able to see this full moon when the earth is in the way???

Any thoughts?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sun isn't blocked by the earth but has just moved further around the plane of the earth.

Hope that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:O Because the earth isn't flat. The sun is MASSIVE and not in line with the moon to begin with! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, here we go!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2QIK4U said:

:O Because the earth isn't flat. The sun is MASSIVE and not in line with the moon to begin with! 

The earth is 4 times bigger than the moon.

From the moon's perspective the sun would be completely blocked out by the earth, every day as it rotates.

It's common sense, the model does not work. The moon is not reflecting sunlight, it's producing it's own light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show me a picture, one (1) non computer-generated image of the sun, moon, and earth.

Is that too much to ask? With thousands of satellites in space,  can't we see at least one honest photo of us?

Sorry, Toast, but it's time for the moon transit again.  :cool:  You knew it was coming. Don't want to disappoint the Nasa fans.

Lovely, isn't it? Where is an equally lovely picture of earth with the sun in the background?

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grav said:

Show me a picture, one (1) non computer-generated image of the sun, moon, and earth.

Is that too much to ask? With thousands of satellites in space,  can't we see at least one honest photo of us?

Sorry, Toast, but it's time for the moon transit again.  :cool:  You knew it was coming. Don't want to disappoint the Nasa fans.

Lovely, isn't it? Where is an equally lovely picture of earth with the sun in the background?

 

Look at this footage. From the perspective of earth, the moon should be eclipsed, every single day.

Globe earth theory is falling apart. The mountain of lies that are needed to hold it up are crumbling away.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grav said:

Show me a picture, one (eassnon computer-generated i mage of the sun, moon, and earth.

Is that too much to ask? With thousands of satellites in space,  can't we see at least one honest oto of us?

Sorry, Toast. , but it's time for the moon transit again.  :cool:  You knew it was coming. Don't want to disappoint the Nasa fans.

Lovely, isn't it? Where is an equally lovely picture of earth with the sun in the background?

 

Show me a picture of a 15th century flat plane? Its Easy to turn your own psyop back on to you. Yes toast the moon is luminous and mostly hollow. Light from all stars reach everywhere not just from our own massive sun but the earth only eclipses it once a cycle . Space isnt As dark as nasa lie about And the earth isnt FLAT . No matter what format you try and trick everybody with by disguising poor attempted flat earth threads. Your still flogging a dead horse!    Bloody evangelical thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FLATHEAD GARBAGE said:

Show me a picture of a 15th century flat plane? Its Easy to turn your own psyop back on to you. Yes toast the moon is luminous and mostly hollow. Light from all stars reach everywhere not just from our own massive sun but the earth only eclipses it once a cycle . Space isnt As dark as nasa lie about And the earth isnt FLAT . No matter what format you try and trick everybody with by disguising poor attempted flat earth threads. Your still flogging a dead horse!    Bloody evangelical thinking. 

Who you calling an evangelical? Me, an atheist? Religion is mind control. Nasa/Science as practiced today is mind control.

Pathetic attempt to smear our real research. Offer reasonable analysis, facts, photos, evidence -- or quit trolling. You have nothing. And it shows. Look at the DogCam video. When the camera moves, the image is distorted, from concave to convex. When it steadies, the horizon is flat. Notice that it rises to the level of the observer. If the earth were a sphere, the visible surface area would shrink and the horizon would surely show a curve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have want or entertain any answers you just want to rag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, toast said:

Yes here it is almost 4 am and I just stepped outside for a smoke and was looking at the moon and the thought just occurred to me.

If I'm looking at the moon right now and it's full, and the earth is 4 times bigger and blocking out the sun, why isn't the moon eclipsed?

 

How are we able to see this full moon when the earth is in the way???

Any thoughts?

Because the moon's orbit is not on a flat plane directly between the sun and the earth. When it does cross that imaginary plane between the sun and earth (solar eclipse) or crosses that plane behind the earth in relation to the sun (lunar eclipse), we get eclipses.(and that is the only time the Earth blocks sunlight, however the prism effect of our atmospheric "lens" allows red light waves to shine on the moon instead of just making it go dark)

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, wrenchtroy said:

Oh boy, here we go!

yea they think the earths flat just ignore them. They really think they know science.

Edited by RabidWolf
removed insult

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.