Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

The New UK Tobacco Laws - One more step towards losing our individuality!

5 posts in this topic

Yep this is a cigarette thread! never thought i would make one of these and this affects the uk only so i am curious as to what those from the rest of the world think about this?

New tobacco advertising rules

• Following Thursday's ruling, all tobacco packaging in the UK must be uniformly olive green and with large images as health warnings
  • Hand-rolled tobacco must be in the same colour and contain minimum of 30g of tobacco
  • Separate EU law also being introduced on Friday
  • Under this law, packs of 10 cigarettes will be banned
  • Picture health warnings must cover 65% of the front and back of every packet of cigarettes, with additional warnings on the top
  • Menthol cigarettes and skinny "lipstick-style" cigarettes will be banned in the UK by 2020
  • Promotional statements, such as "this product is free of additives" or "is less harmful than other brands", are banned
  • New rules introduced on the amount and strength of liquid allowed in e-cigarettes and herbal products
  • Companies have a year to comply

The key things above that bother me are as follows: The banning of 10 packets, Menthol cigarettes and skinny "lipstick-style" cigarette and a serious lack of an indication of quality built on a brand.

This is going to a) skyrocket tobacco prices, b) kill off several brands and ruing my choices c) cost me a lot f***ing more than it does now. The choice should be the peoples! not some stupid government law.

Source of some of the info!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36333450

Why don't they ban some of the harmful additives like carpet glue in the manufacture of cigarettes?

More control = more taxes.

You have just adopted our Australian tobacco laws.. wait until you go to say what colour strength you want and nobody can tell! All green packaging and no mg content shown. Wait until your not sure what you want so you ask to look at a certain brand and they tell you that it's illegal to show you what your trying to buy! They aren't allowed to show you..... Like I say Australia is the NWO guinea pig, everything we do (under instructions from America and the U.N) will be rolled out worldwide once they get it right (wrong) here. Good luck trying not to end up with menthol!

17 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

Why don't they ban some of the harmful additives like carpet glue in the manufacture of cigarettes?

More control = more taxes.

POLONIUM is still a main ingredient! Also hydrochloric acid.

This does not follow the depopulation agenda. I would think they should encourage everyone to smoke if it really did kill people. How easy would that be?

Anything the government attempts to control because its "bad for you" should be considered highly suspicious.

Maybe smokers lungs that are reportedly coated with tar and nicotine are not capable of absorbing the chemicals they spray in our skies every day?

Remember over the past 30 years they told everyone to coat themselves in sun screen and stay out of the sun because people will get skin cancer?  Once people started staying out of the sun, breast, lung, pancreatic, etc cancers have been on the rise. Now they claim everyone is vitamin D deficient which leads to various forms of cancer.

Remember red meat? Don't eat meat its bad for you. Oooops...Now everyone is iron deficient.

Salt? Bad bad bad. Oh wait, Iodized salt helps the body make thyroid hormone and critical to the development of infant brains.

Shall I go on? You get the picture.

3 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.