Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Is The Army Preparing For A Major Deployment: Orders 177,000 Bulletproof Armor Plates

24 posts in this topic

Traditionally, the best way to keep track of future military deployments - absent unexpected events, of course - has been to follow key procurement contracts from the U.S. Department of Defense of mission critical offensive wartime equipment such as weapons and ammo, or, less followed, core defensive components such as kevlar, body armor and other forms of core personal protective gear. These usually take place shortly prior to major "events" involving US armed forces.

Which is why we were surprised to learn that earlier today, the US Department of Defense revealed it had placed a $93 million order for 177,000 ballistic body armor plates from the US military's traditional supplier of protective equipment, Ceradyne which several years ago was purchased by 3M. Both production and delivery are  expected to be concluded over the next several months.

Here is the press release

Ceradyne, Inc., a 3M company, has been awarded a $92.7 million body-armor contract by Defense Logistics Agency for delivery of 177,000 pieces. The plates are designed to meet stringent performance requirements outlined by the U.S. Department of Defense. Production and deliveries are expected to begin in 2016.

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-18/us-army-preparing-major-deployment-orders-177000-body-armor-plates

Where are they sending all this body armor?  They want to make it illegal for us to have body armor, see below:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/378/all-info

This bill is in committee at present. 

Editor’s Comment: Why indeed is such a large purchase taking place? Is the U.S. military gearing up for war in Syria, or perhaps the big one with Russia? Are the powers-that-be preparing to take on angry rioters and civil unrest here at home?

This isn’t just training, and it isn’t scenario. Something big is being planned.

Is the Army Preparing for a Major Deployment: Orders 177,000 Bulletproof Armor Plates

Traditionally, the best way to keep track of future military deployments – absent unexpected events, of course – has been to follow key procurement contracts from the U.S. Department of Defense of mission critical offensive wartime equipment such as weapons and ammo, or, less followed, core defensive components such as kevlar, body armor and other forms of core personal protective gear. These usually take place shortly prior to major “events” involving US armed forces.

Which is why we were surprised to learn that earlier today, the US Department of Defense revealed it had placed a $93 million order for 177,000 ballistic body armor plates from the US military’s traditional supplier of protective equipment, Ceradyne which several years ago was purchased by 3M. Both production and delivery are expected to be concluded over the next several months.

http://right.is/gold-and-precious-metals/2016/05/shtfplan-procurement-orders-dont-lie-why-did-the-army-buy-177000-bulletproof-armor-plates-66224.html

I swear I posted this somewhere...

I wonder if we can track where they are moving all this equipment, if it's going East, or South West - I think they are in the prepping stages of invading Lybia, Yemen, maybe even Northern Syria with Turkey. I'm not sure atm. We should keep a close eye on where this stuff goes.

They're sending our soldiers overseas. When shtf, the military will not be here to defend us. That IS the plan. Jade Helm and the covert ops forces will have free run. And so will the jihadis who have been infiltrated here the last few years. We are sitting ducks. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Traditionally, the best way to keep track of future military deployments - absent unexpected events, of course - has been to follow key procurement contracts from the U.S. Department of Defense of mission critical offensive wartime equipment such as weapons and ammo, or, less followed, core defensive components such as kevlar, body armor and other forms of core personal protective gear. These usually take place shortly prior to major "events" involving US armed forces.

Which is why we were surprised to learn that earlier today, the US Department of Defense revealed it had placed a $93 million order for 177,000 ballistic body armor plates from the US military's traditional supplier of protective equipment, Ceradyne which several years ago was purchased by 3M. Both production and delivery are  expected to be concluded over the next several months.

Ceradyne, Inc., a 3M company, has been awarded a $92.7 million body-armor contract by Defense Logistics Agency for delivery of 177,000 pieces. The plates are designed to meet stringent performance requirements outlined by the U.S. Department of Defense. Production and deliveries are expected to begin in 2016.

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-18/us-army-preparing-major-deployment-orders-177000-body-armor-plates

Where are they sending all this body armor?  They want to make it illegal for us to have body armor, see below:

That is not many plates at all. Barely a divisions worth.

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

The way to know where we are going is the training the troops are currently going through. Last I heard it was Urban.

2 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I wonder what they'd do if I ordered that many. Think they'd ask me any questions? 

Posted (edited)

At the height of the Iraq war, per the pentagon, there were between 130k to 170k troops in Iraq.  That was 2006-2007.  

Division is usually 10-20k soldiers... just saying.

Edited by Walk Softly
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

A division is a little over 20000 troops no??

Edited by yaknow

What's more troubling is the math on that.  Over $500 bucks per plate.  I could go out and spend less than half that and bet my life on it.  

They are stealing our f***ing money and I'm getting damn tired of it. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.